#4408 - Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2011
      #4408 - Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      James Traverse's view of the Science and Nonduality Conference 2011 is featured. James's website is http://beingyoga.com

      Also a link to a video excerpt of a panel discussion at the Conference featuring Jeannie Zandi and Jerry Katz and a few laughs.

      I also want to mention having spent some quality time with Highlights reader Jonah Mark Bekerman at the Conference. I previously referred to him as "Jonathan" and apologize for the error. Jonah is a counselor for a methadone program and dedicated to the teaching of nonduality.

      James Traverse writes...

      I really - truly - sincerely -  enjoyed and benefited from the SAND
      conference - someone said [I don't remember who] "James has found his
      tribe!" - it has been some time since I've met so many beautiful people
      that I can authentically relate with and the 'high' is still with me - I
      feel that Maurizio  and Zaya have been life-long friends even though I
      just met them - it is one of those esoteric things that defys
      explanations.... I know that I deeply deeply  love them yet I have no
      explanation for why - it's like coming home - they'll be in my heart for
      evermore!!!

      The after-effect of SAND and the attendees is simply something that I
      absolutely feel in core of my heart - I particularly feel this same
      connection with Kenny Johnson [however cliche' it is - I know that he's
      my brother in Love] - it's as if I've known him all of my life as we're
      a product of the same parent - the human situation... another person who
      touched my heart at great depth is Scott Kiloby - I feel that Scott
      appears to have a hard exterior and yet is and has a beautiful,
      sensitive core that he honours - he's one of the most beautiful people
      I've ever met.

      The blessing of SAND is that there is an endless number of beautiful
      people to meet and experience and each is a fascinating jewel of Indra's
      Net - it was a truly and breath-taking privilege to be in the presence
      of such beauty, integrity, honesty, humility, dedication, truth, joy and
      uninhibited Love; I can't thank you enough for encouraging me to go and
      all your support in getting me there - THANK YOU for the BENEDICTION
      that you are JERRY - in my case the doors you've opened is grace
      personified- I feel that your friendship is Grace itself - in this case
      you're the music and I can only applaud!

      Yes - you've inspired and encourage me to share the Love - we've got to
      get more of our local community involved [and who is not our local
      community  as the heart has space for everyone] ... my over the top
      enthusiasm for it can be a testament - let's share it for the benefit of
      all!

      with

      Deepest Gratitude ~ All Love and Endless Peace,
      James

      ps - I can't find the Amsterdam info regarding SAND - please send me a
      link - if it is at all possible - I'd like to be involved in any way I
      can... maybe I can volunteer to make it happen - I am happy to offer a
      slide presentation or some yoga - whatever helps!

      pps - gotta tell everyone else!

      ppps - you can quote any or none of this as you feel is appropriate - I
      suggest that you especially quote my deepest thanks and respect for you
      - most people have no idea how much you give - it's time to come out
      from behind the curtain and take a bow!

      I appreciate James's acknowledgement, and as you can see from the following video I'm stumbling through the nonduality game as much as anyone: Thankfully, no one really knows what's going on.

      Excerpt from panel discussion at Science and Nonduality Conference 2011, f. Jeannie Zandi

      The meta-paradox is that there is paradox and there is no paradox at all. In a video taken by Prema Akasha at the Science and Nonduality Conference 2011, a portion of a panel discussion is shown.

      From left to right: Jerry Katz, Jeannie Zandi, Bentinho Massaro, and Kenny Johnson. A panel discussion put together and moderated by Jerry Katz. In this excerpt JK is put on the spot by JZ and re-directs the discussion to where it belongs: with the audience. The panel discussion remained in control of the audience until the end. Prema Akasha emceed.

      The back story is that right before I asked the opening question to the panelists, a question about paradox, I asked Jeannie, who was sitting next to me, who she thought I should ask to respond first. Jeannie asked to respond last, saying in a playful way that she would give the guys a hard time. Nothing serious, we were just having fun. Turns out she surprised me. Watch what happened...

      Click here to view the video:

      Thanks to Prema for taking this video and for being such a cool emcee not only of the panel discussion but as a rap artist, but that's a whole other topic. You hadda be there.