#4404 - Saturday, October 22, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4404, Saturday, October 22, 2011

      People are so absorbed in chasing what they consider to be happiness that they do not have either the time or the inclination to stop and wonder if the kind of happiness they imagine is even worth having.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, posted to AlongTheWay

      If this were your only spiritual practice, it would be enough: to withdraw identification from opinions, positions, thoughts.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      Pay attention to, and inquire into, the nature of your own immediate experience. Become the Witness, or Observer, of your own experience.

      Investigate the "Given Conditions" of being human, "I am - Aware - Now":

      the sense of identity, or being, at the center of
      your own experience which manifests as "I am."

      the Awareness through which you perceive
      everything within and around you.

      the immediacy and Infinity of Now.

      These three basic conditions of being human are profound pointers to our True Nature. We simply overlook them in our rush to identify ourselves with "outward" conditions, i.e., a body, memory, personality and the illusion of time.

      Simply paying attention - looking at and remembering these basic, essential conditions - is enough, for they are the vehicle through which we experience, and Recognize, the vast and Infinite nature of Reality.

      - Metta Zetty

      At the moment of realization the person ceases. Identity remains, but identity is not a person, it is inherent in the reality itself.

      - Nisardagatta Maharaj, posted to Distillation

      You live, you feel, you think. By giving attention to your living, feeling and thinking, you free yourself from them and go beyond them. Your personality dissolves and only the witness remains. Then you go beyond the witness. Do not ask how it happens. Just search within yourself.

      - Nisardagatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels

      Seeking is based on a
      fundamental assumption
      of incompleteness.

      Beyond all seeking