#4403 - Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2011

      #4403 - Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Our smile helps everyone. — Thich Nhat Hanh

      "What the Direct Path has brought me to, then, is the knowledge that I am
      one with all things and beings in a divine awareness and energy that streams
      from the light. It has also brought me closer to the love of the Father-Mother
      for all things, and the protective passion that arises naturally from that love. I
      at last am really beginning to understand what the Lakota Indians mean when
      they say that all living things are their relations, and to feel some small part of
      the love that drove St. Francis to love the larks rising from the dawn fields of
      Tuscany and pick up the worms from the paths near his hermitage."

      ~Andrew Harvey

      by Susan Katyayani Lucey on Facebook

      100,000 monks in prayer for a better world

      photo by Luke Duggleby, a winner in 2010 Travel Photography of the Year

      Any bodhisattvas out there?

      “This then is the way of the bodhisattvas, which brings about the union of
      wisdom and means: for though they see the highest reality, they don’t cut
      themselves off from conventional reality; nor cut themselves off from their
      reality. The bodhisattva sets out to serve the aim of beings, led by great
      compassion, and without delusion.”

      Once again compassion is the steering mechanism across the river of life.
      How could one know how to help without the wisdom of meditation, and
      what enlightenment would be complete without the vow to help all others
      enmeshed?"

      by Wayne Ferguson on Facebook

      "The ancient bodhisattvas were not afraid of, but found joy in failure, poverty
      and death -- and in doing small things."

       ~Shunryu Suzuki
      by Tim Gerchmez on Facebook

      When the bud breaks it becomes a flower. When the heart breaks it becomes
      divine." ~Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

      "Devotion and Self-Inquiry are one and the same. The Self of the Nondualists
      is the God of the Bhaktis." ~Ramana Maharshi

      To be a spiritual warrior, one must have a broken heart; without a broken
      heart and the sense of tenderness and vulnerability, your warriorship is
      untrustworthy. ~Chögyam Trungpa

      by Fred LaMotte on Facebook

      The way of love is not a subtle argument.
      The door there is devastation.
      Birds make great sky-circles of their freedom.
      How do they learn it?
      They fall, and falling, they're given wings.
      ~ Rumi
      by Mazie Lane on Facebook