Digest: July 10, 1999

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 1999
      Nondual Digest. A representative sampling of the posts to
      the Nonduality Salon dated Saturday, July 10, 1999. Hope you
      had a great weekend!

      No everything
      No nothing
      No wants
      No interpretation
      Just Sat-Chit-Ananda.

      Here are a few from assorted posts by Judi:

      This is the ego plain and simple and
      this is how it operates: "Me,me,me". And that is what I had
      to look at
      in myself. Talk about a shock. Pretty sick isn't it? But
      it's the truth. I got to a point where all I wanted was the
      truth, no matter how awful and shocking it was. Get to know

      I tried being a saint myself.
      I thought that was the way to go. And, as it turned out, it
      Love was always my teacher. But, alas, I saw the stinkiness
      of it.
      The idea is to uncover something new, not to defend.
      You can keep defending your way the rest of your life and
      you will stay
      right where you are. Or you can opt to go for the truth and
      Your choice? How important is it to you?

      It's all just make-believe. There is nothing
      serious about anything. You don't think for a minute that
      God takes
      any of this seriously now do you??

      If you hold on to nothing, you are nothing! In other words,
      you're making yourself up as you go along. We're all doing
      it. :-) What do you think this is here?? :-)
      Consciousness is all there is. And whatever importance you
      want to put
      on it, is just that, and nothing more. :-) I, personally,
      think it's pretty funny.
      Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!! :-) That's
      for you.
      Bottom line. It's a pisser to some people though. :-)
      Especially for
      those that think they are somebody?? Bwhahahahha!!

      All there is vulnerability - surrender. Surrender is what
      this is. And what it's all about. Sweet, sweet surrender.
      It's love, it's relationship. God is love. Now that strikes
      a chord with you doesn't it?? Hmmm???

      Exploring a strange new world is
      exactly what I'm doing here.
      My sister and I were conversing about
      many various things, including some "past"
      events - quite traumatic.
      She came up with this metaphor -
      "if it can be used as compost, then
      you can grow from it."
      The thing is, if you are overwhelmed
      by it - it's not working as compost.
      If you can assimilate, little by little
      growth occurs. Thus, with confusion,
      assimilated little by little,
      it assists clarity to grow.

      If you can trust the tides
      in which we float and move -
      this trust is itself clarity.

      And here are a few from the prolific Xan:

      How can there be so much depth
      of feeling and knowing and so
      little ability to express it? Not
      being a poet I am sad. "There
      must be a way to tell the people."

      But all these centuries and all these
      writings - poems, songs, scriptures,
      teachings! How does it happen that
      I hear what I never heard before
      though it was always right in front
      of me? How does it happen that I
      hear again more deeply?

      It's a song of love and a mystery
      story. A song of joy with no words
      and a dissertation of directional signs.
      There is no way to say it, and there
      is nothing else worth talking about.

      Only songs and declarations and poems
      and dances that speak of This attract me.
      Hopelessly in love I remember a song of
      a lovely soul. She sang, "My heart, my
      heart, my heart, my heart, my heart."

      I appreciate very much your ability to appreciate
      indiscriminately. You
      respond in kind to each of us on the forum, like Mary
      Poppins medicine - each one's favorite mode. I wonder if
      you just came that way or worked on it, or if you are so
      much home free and this is the effect.

      I like the humility seeing this gives me, turning me back to
      myself to see my boundaries and their contintinuous

      I am hungry for More... more and more of One Thing until I
      am aware of
      nothing else, am nothing else.

      What is this thing called distraction?

      It is a mystery to me that I am
      still distracted by my own thoughts
      when I know better, know what
      I want, know what I am. It's a
      challenge not to fall for the
      distraction of frustration with

      Thoughts can float through my
      awareness without distracting
      from Onliness. But when there
      is contraction with the thought
      my attention is pulled there

      One teacher's theme is Resting
      as silent presence with everything
      that comes up in human experience.
      When I rest contractions relax.
      Any thing happens in this context
      of is-ness.

      Once upon a time I had a passion to
      know how we got to this impossible
      place of not knowing what we are.
      So I went back to the beginning.
      I saw a question, where no
      questions could exist, and
      the question caused a
      renting in all-ness.
      We live in and as
      that, and also as
      the mending of
      it. This It

      I'm not so sure the "answer" is to somehow stop becoming, as
      it is the belief that whatever one becomes makes one
      better, worse" just separate from others. I'm assuming here
      this "clear seeing" would mean seeing oneness and all the
      distractions of our thoughts amount to ways we perpetuate
      Its the belief that these differences somehow make a
      that makes us feel separate.

      "God created diversity, man invented bigotry. Who do you

      What constitutes our essential oneness does not require the
      elimination of becoming or of the very apparent differences
      we see.

      Once you clearly see the oneness, how important can our
      differences be? Even "that jerk" Paul said,

      If God is for us, who is against us? ..Who shall separate us
      the love... for I am sure that neither death, nor life.. nor
      things present, nor things to come..nor anything else in all
      creation will be able to separate us from the love of God."

      Aleks asked:
      Were you helping her die, or was she helping you live?

      Marcia responded:

      Interesting you should ask that. While she was dying I had
      this static inside like a voice which was unclear. I didn't
      focus on it because I was being with my mom. I was
      totally in the dying process moment by moment. The
      moment of her death the words came into focus and
      out of my mouth. There was no thought involved at all.
      The words landed in my brain and out of my mouth.
      I saw them written in my brain and I read them.

      "Why look for the living among the dead?"

      Perhaps it was her parting gift to me. :-)

      the most joyous experience of my life
      was holding my mother's hand as she took her last
      breath. Death is the final frontier. Another experience
      to look forward to.

      Only when you eliminate 'all' the distractions will you
      'see' everything
      there is to 'know'. Why look further?

      ---Tim H.

      If we really knew very, very deeply that we are going to die
      (and perhaps soon) we would go mad for something permanent,
      something that will not die. That something we have
      already. Let us not waste another moment on talk of the
      body, or focus on the body. Let us not waste any more
      time. Must we be given a diagnosis of terminal cancer
      before we realize what we are doing?

      Place all faith, hope, trust and love in That which does not
      die, That
      which CAN be taken with us, That which will comfort us as we
      watch our
      loved ones drop around us. That is the Atman, the Soul, and
      that Atman is One with Brahman, the Absolute. We are indeed
      one deathless Being, so why do we waste time on these shells
      of meat that encase us?

      ---Tim G.

      The body is not the problem, believing that we ARE the body,
      with 'it' is.

      Leave the body be what it is: a (very) small part of the
      interrelated and interwoven with all other parts. As such,
      it's birth,
      death and everything in between is completely 'determined'.
      It is not
      free but tied with millions of strings.

      To be Free, be what you ARE, be yourSelf. Be the Awareness
      in which all
      bodies do their 'Spiel', play their game, perform their acts
      and at
      their appointed time leave the field, exit the stage. Enjoy
      the show,
      but don't identify with one of the actors!

      ...to master the duality, I have had to master the ' walking
      between two worlds' ... the world of non perception and the
      world of perception ... from the world of conscious non
      percepion I cannot perceive ... but I can translate that non
      perception into my expression ... and the moment I do, I
      enter the world of duality ...

      but yet I see duality for what it is ... and play the game
      as one who is of the world ... yet not of the world ...

      as you and I are one yet not ...

      Chris ...

      (and duality will bring differing perceptions of what I
      write ...
      ........ no one can know 'me' unless they know ' I ' ...

      all the rest of the debate is the avoidance of I )

      Who is the ' me ' that is looking ...??

      and through ' who's ' eyes is ' me ' looking ...

      and is the describer of the event the ' me ' who is looking
      ... or the ' me' translating ... and who taught that ' me '
      what words to use ....

      " ... from two came ten thousand other things .... '" ...
      all the games of the ego ... from which grew the body ... in
      order to ' cope' with duality ....

      Chris ...

      one day me found out that me didn't need a personal history
      ... so I dropped it

      on becoming unattached:

      (Quotations from Jacob Boehme) ---contributed by Melody

      As I said before, so I say again, this is very
      hard. I conceive indeed well enough that my
      Spirit ought to be free from the Contagion of Matter, and
      wholly empty,
      that it may admit into it the Spirit of God. Also, that this
      Spirit will
      not enter, but where the Will entereth into Nothing, and
      resigneth itself up in the
      Nakedness of Faith, and in the
      Purity of Love... But, alas, how hard is it for
      the Will to sink into nothing, to attract nothing,
      to imagine

      Let it be granted that it is so. Is it not surely
      worth thy while, and all that thou canst ever do?

      It is so, I must needs confess.

      But perhaps it may not be so hard as at first
      it appeareth to be; make but the Trial, and be in earnest.
      What is there
      required of thee, but to
      stand still, and see the Salvation of thy God? And couldst
      thou desire any Thing less? Where is the Hardship in this?
      Thou hast nothing to care for, nothing to desire in this
      Life, nothing to imagine
      or attract: Thou needest only cast thy Care upon God, Who
      careth for thee, and leave Him to dispose of thee according
      to His Good Will and Pleasure,
      even as if
      thou hadst no Will at all in thee. For He knoweth what is
      best; and if thou
      canst but trust Him, He will most certainly do better for
      thee, than if
      thou wert left
      to thine own Choice.

      (Quotations from Jacob Boehme)

      But how shall I be able to break this Creaturely
      Will which is in me, and is at Enmity with the
      Divine Will? Or, what shall I do to follow Christ
      in so difficult a Path, and not to faint in a
      continual Course of Self-Denial and Resignation
      to the Will of God?

      This is not to be done by thyself, but by the Light
      and Grace of God received into thy Soul, which will
      if thou gainsay not, break the Darkness that is in
      thee, and melt down thine own Will, which worketh in
      the Darkness and Corruption of Nature, and bring it
      into the Obedience of Christ, whereby the Partition
      of the Creaturely Self is removed from betwixt
      God and thee.

      I know that I cannot do it of myself. But I would
      fain learn how I must receive this Divine Light and Grace
      into me...
      What is then required of me in order to admit
      this Breaker of the Partition?

      There is nothing more required of thee at first,
      than not to resist this Grace, which is manifested
      in thee... but to be obedient and passive to the
      Light of God shining through the Darkness of thy Creaturely
      Being, which
      comprehendeth it not...

      To subscribe to Nonduality Salon: