#4397 - Thursday, October 13, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011

      #4397 - Thursday, October 13, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You are not "in the now"; you are the now. That is your essential identity--the
      only thing that never changes. Life is always now. Now is consciousness. And
      consciousness is who you are. That's the equation.
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      If this were your only spiritual practice, it would be enough: to withdraw
      identification from opinions, positions, thoughts.
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      And this myth that I can rest in some assuredness. That I will never again feel
      insecure or feel fear, or feel doubt, or feel those emotions we don’t want to
      feel. If I'm truly enlightened I will never feel those emotions. Forget it. That’s
      not it. That's the pipe dream. That is the opium that is sold to the masses.
      And they eat it up and they never get there and they end up disillusioned.

      Freedom is never freedom "from." If it's freedom "from"  anything, it's not
      freedom at all. It's freedom "to." Are you free enough to be  afraid? Are you
      free enough to feel insecure? Are you free enough not to  know? Are you free
      enough to know that you can't know? Are you free  enough to be totally
      comfortable, to know that you can't know what's around  the next corner?
      How you will feel about it? How you will respond to it? That  you literally can't
      know? Are you free enough to be totally at ease and  comfort with the way
      things actually are? That's freedom.
      ~Adyashanti

      Not to know is profound; to know is shallow. Not to know is internal; to know
      is external. ~Chuang-tzu

      To one who knows naught it is clearly revealed. ~Meister Eckhart

      Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment;  Cleverness is mere opinion,
      bewilderment is intuition. ~Rumi

      Rejoicing in nothing and knowing nothing are the true rejoicing and the true
      knowledge. ~Lao-tzu

      All I know is that I know nothing. ~Socrates

      by Chris Collins on Facebook

      When you’re blind to your own nature, the Buddha is an ordinary being. When
      you’re aware of your own nature, an ordinary being is the Buddha. ~Hui Neng

      Enlightenment is not about becoming divine. Instead it's about becoming
      more fully human. . . . It is the end of ignorance. ~Lama Surya Das

      A certain level of maturity is needed to see things as they are and not to
      blame the path, the self or the world.  ~Sri Sri

      by BuddhaQuotes on Facebook

      Our intention is to create an environment for people from all religions, all
      world views, and all experience levels to join together in meditation. Our
      vision is to continue inspiring world-wide meditations until the entire world is
      invited to join - literally!

      for example see: