#4384 - Thursday, September 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011

      #4384 - Thursday, September 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      “What bonds us is seeing the divine in and as everything and everyone. If we’re
      really spiritually awake, we see something extraordinary in and as each person,
      whether they know it or not. That’s the beauty of it. That’s the connection. That’s
      the unity.”

      ~Adyashanti

      There is a space within space
      where darkness hides its wealth
      of brilliant light.
      That is where the world comes from,
      and many other things too beautiful for the world
      until we imagine them
      in ourselves.
      I know there is only One, but
      God loves mirrors.
      What is within the within
      mirrors itself through countless faces,
      all singing the name
      of a hidden splendor.
      That is where you and I met
      before we were born,
      and Christ was in Mary
      like an eternal seed.

      ~Fred LaMotte on FB

      "The small man builds cages for everyone he knows.
      While the sage, who has to duck his head
      when the moon is low,
      Keeps dropping keys all night long
      for the beautiful rowdy prisoners."

      ~Hafiz

      by Sherry Stewart on Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus on Facebook

      Spiritual Whales

      Even in cloudless skies,
      Many fathoms down, it's dark.
      Even in a stiff gale,
      Sea depths are calm.
      Whales know this,
      They visit the surface, but live deep.

      ~Pete Sierra

      on Nonduality Highlights group on FB

      The timeless nonstate cannot be achieved because the mind cannot evolve
      towards it. The mind can only bring you to the threshold. Awakening comes
      unexpectedly when you do not wait for it, when you live in not-knowing. Only
      then are you available.

      ~Jean Klein

      by Tony Cartledge on FB

      OK! I granted your wish! Now look inside.
      If you see, hear, think or feel anything
      in particular, that's not it. :)

      ~Pete Sierra on FB

      the lock

      We are like locks, an emptiness waiting for a key to unlock us, and we act as if
      we don’t know what the key is.

      We say, “I don’t know what would unlock my true self.”

      But we lie to ourselves. We look inside and we clearly see the form of the
      emptiness, the size and shape of the key.

      We know precisely what the key looks like.

      ~Clyde Grossman on FB

      Happy 804th Birthday, Beloved Rumi

      I am with you now. ~ Rumi

      I honour those
      who try to rid themselves of any lying,
      who empty the self
      and have only clear being there.

      ~Rumi

      Rumi's birthday is traditionally celebrated on Sept. 29th.
      by Belle Heywood on FB

      When someone is counting out gold to you
      don't look at your hands or the gold...
      look at the giver...

      ~Rumi

      Just be quiet. Don't think."

      ~ PapaJi

      When we quiet our thinking, we can hear what our heart has to say.

      ~Kristy Thompson on FB

      September Meditation

      I do not know if the seasons remember their history or if the days and
      nights by which we count time remember their own passing.
      I do not know if the oak tree remembers its planting or if the pine
      remembers its slow climb toward sun and stars.
      I do not know if the squirrel remembers last fall's gathering or if the
      bluejay remembers the meaning of snow.
      I do not know if the air remembers September or if the night remembers
      the moon.
      I do not know if the earth remembers the flowers from last spring or if
      the evergreen remembers that it shall stay so.
      Perhaps that is the reason for our births -- to be the memory for
      creation.
      Perhaps salvation is something very different than anyone ever expected.
      Perhaps this will be the only question we will have to answer:
      "What can you tell me about September?"

      ~ Burton D. Carley ~

      (1997 UUMA Worship Materials Collection; contributed by Bob Freund)