#4377 - Thursday, September 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2011

      #4377 - Thursday, September 22, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Empty yourself of everything
      Empty yourself of everything.
      Let the mind become still.
      The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return.
      They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
      Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.
      The way of nature is unchanging.
      Knowing constancy is insight.
      Not knowing constancy leads to disaster.
      Knowing constancy, the mind is open.
      With an open mind, you will be openhearted.
      Being openhearted, you will act royally.
      Being royal, you will attain the divine.
      Being divine, you will be at one with the Tao.
      Being at one with the Tao is eternal.
      And though the body dies, the Tao will never pass away.

             - Lao-tzu

      Tao Te Ching
      Translation by Gia-fu Feng and Jane English
      by sshomi on Along The Way

      Want to wake up fast? Turn up the heat by living constantly as if all people could
      read your thoughts. Become translucent by destroying those beliefs that manifest
      in your thoughts. Metaphorically I see enlightenment as one changing from solid
      to liquid to gas - from matter to energy to light - from beliefs to thoughts to
      by Bill Talada in Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      A Scott Morrison Teaching
      Years ago, there was a fellow on the Net teaching named Scott Morrison (with a
      few books out, too, one of which is kicking around somewhere at home). At
      some point, he died and pretty much all of his teachings just vanished from the
      Net. I thought I'd offer one of his teachings here, and the opportunity to read a
      few more, if interested -- they can be found here:
      I recall his basic teaching to be this:
      Open mind.
      Open heart.
      Complete attention.
      No reservations.
      That's all.
      If you observe and listen very carefully and honestly, you will notice that rarely
      does a moment go by without the arising of some sense of insufficiency, some
      kind of feeling that “something is wrong with me,” or “something is wrong with
      my life,” or perhaps even “something is wrong with the world.” Almost like
      lightening, it is quickly followed by “I know what I want” — I know what will get
      rid of this feeling of inadequacy and conflict — some material, financial, sexual,
      spiritual, social, political, circumstantial, or psychological “thing” that will save me
      from this uncomfortable feeling. That, in turn, is quickly followed by a massive
      circus of mental scenarios and mutterings, of desires, hopes, expectations,
      worries, fears, frustrations, and disappointments. Even if I get what I think I
      want, the sense of completion and relief is inevitably only temporary. Why is it
      like this?
      What gets lost in the shuffle is the simple fact that all of it, the feelings of lack
      and incompleteness, and the endless remedies to the situation, are nothing but
      the play of memory and fantasy, the replaying of old mental video and sound bite
      versions of “me” and “my life.” All of it is nothing but fragmented thought, and in
      this there is no lasting relief, simply because thought is by nature fragmented and
      incomplete. Thought doesn’t know what you are, and it doesn’t know what your
      life is. It thinks it does with the same myopic arrogance, presumptuousness, and
      judgmentality of the evening news, but it has no more understanding of the
      whole organic interactional flow of life than television does. All thought can do is
      search its memory banks of static images and repetitious opinions (for or
      against), all of it accompanied by a vast deluge of emotional and physical
      people and the environment. But there is no life and no love and no wisdom in
      any of it. Why? Because it is an escape and an avoidance of what is.

      No reservations.  If you watch and listen to it for awhile, you will observe the
      whole history of humanity, our ignorance, dishonesty, and confusion, our
      insensitivity, violence, and cruelty to each other. Perhaps it will deepen your
      understanding and compassion for all sentient beings. It may be inevitable,
      though, that at some point you get will fed up with it, realizing what a stale,
      monotonous, meaningless distraction it is.
      At this point, there may be an opening. If you are ready to come to terms with
      the simple fact that you do not know what you are, and you do not really know
      what the universe is, or what your life is, then the amazing, delicate, subtle and
      intricate truth of reality is free to reveal itself without bias. The constant
      interaction and transformation of all things will be self evident, as well as the
      infinite context in which it all happens. This is what you are! This is wonder and
      awe and blessedness itself.
      -Scott Morrison-
      by Tim Gerchmez on Facebook

      Please enjoy an excerpt from Jeff Foster’s new book (which will be published in 2012) -  MK

      "I long, as does every human being, to be at home, wherever I find myself."

      ~ Maya Angelou

      The search for home goes so very, very deep in the human psyche. Throughout
      all human history it has expressed itself in every single facet of our lives – in our
      art, our music, our science, our mathematics, our literature, our philosophy, in
      our quest for love, in our spirituality.

      Male and female seek each other, try to complete themselves through sexual
      union. We seek our ‘soul mates’, search for our ‘other halves’ who will complete
      us. In our cosmic homesickness we seek union with God, with Spirit, with Nature,
      with the guru. We buy houses together and magically transform them into
      homes, and after a long, exhausting day at kindergarten, or at the office, we just
      want to go home, back to mother, back to our loved ones, back to sleep, back to
      the cosmic womb. We populate landmasses, create countries, and call them our
      homeland, our motherland, our fatherland. We fight and die to protect our
      homeland – the land that we love, the land our ancestors were born in and died
      in. We wander in the wilderness for a thousand years and long for the promised
      land, for our heaven on earth, for our Jerusalem.

      Characters in novels, in plays, in movies, journey far away from home, discover
      who they really are and return home, somehow changed, somehow the same.
      We love our movies, our television shows, to end with a tearful homecoming, a
      tearful reunion, and the story of the one who never came home haunts us like
      anything. In The Wizard of Oz, perhaps our most beloved movie of all time, a
      young girl leaves her colourless home, goes on an incredible journey, meets
      various facets of herself, and returns to the same place – but now she sees what’s
      really there. In many Disney musicals, often the main character, feeling like an
      outcast in their own home, will sing a song about their longing for adventure, for
      love. Something calls them away from home, but in the end, they return home,
      or they find a new home, their true home, their true place in the world. It has
      been suggested that on the most basic level every story, every myth, shares this
      common structure – ending with the hero’s return. As children, we are homesick
      when we are away from home for too long, away from the ones we love.

      read the rest:
      from Non-duality America Blog