#4376 - Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2011
      #4376 - Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Read the latest Science and Nonduality Conference Newsletter at

      As the initial consultant for the first SAND and as co-shaper of its values and purpose, I can tell you that the SAND Conference is a great place to help create and to absorb this cultural phenomenon of our time.

      A Cascade of  Words

      by Vicki Woodyard

      Writing into the unknown is amazingly satisfying. I will use the word “amazing” like people in their twenties do. “It is just amazing. I sit at the keyboard and open up the universe inside myself! I see stars and starfish and wheels goin’ round and round and junk flyin’ through space and I hear honk,  honk, beep, beep. Sob. Crack. Moan. I feel pushin’ and shovin’ and lovin’....”
      And it’s all me. Just me looking inside the void.

      I watch Family Guy and crack up over Peter Griffin’s stupidity. That’s me. I’m that guy and I’m a gal. I listen to Jermaine Jackson talk about his new book and that’s me. I’m black and rich and brokenhearted. I listen to a song about the stones in a river and feel the truth in each tiny stone. The river rocks and rolls me, this river of words.

      Language transports me by the use of a keyboard. I go places I shouldn’t be going. I tell you about the time that I went to mail a manuscript when I should have been taking Bob to the hospital because he needed oxygen. Later that day, his doctor raced down the hall to ICU, his nurse pushing Bob in a wheel chair holding an oxygen mask and me bringing up the rear. Later he had ICU-induced paranoia and would call me from there every five minutes saying they wanted to kill him. Wanted to kill him? God was doing a good job of that already.

      And here I am practicing the art of widowhood. I do it well. I am getting the hang of it. How do I love myself? Let me count the ways. I keep it simple. I keep it clean. No one is going to pick after me. I pay my bills on time. I am not drunk and disorderly. I don’t pick fights with strangers.

      I have my little hangups, which turn out to be huge ones. I am curious to a fault, being a Scorpio. I am stubbornly attached to truth, trailing along behind it like its favorite donkey. But in my hand are Hershey Kisses and a copy of the weekly TV schedule. Hee haw.

      I just love to write in my own peculiar way. I have known love and lost love. Been dismissed and scolded, forgiven and denounced. It’s all in the script, folks. But you know that already.  You know I will be here writing until the cows come home. The fact that I can do what I love and keep my privacy is balanced by a sense of aloneness and a sure knowledge that I am being cared for like a sparrow. I really am.

      Vicki  Woodyard
      http://www.amazon.com/LIFE-HOLE-Thats-Wisdom-Awakened/dp/1609102770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297273020&sr=8-1

      Identification equals separation.
      Don't fool yourself that identifying
      with Self, Awareness or Absolute
      makes you free.

      Any identification is a limitation,
      a holding on. Only floating and
      drifting undefined and unknown
      is total freedom.

      Pete
      http://cerosoul.wordpress.com/
      http://awakefiction.wordpress.com

      Make the world small and luminous
      I call this "concentration"
      Make space for the unlimited awareness
      I call this "expansion"
      Both make up loose meditation.
      The "way" is undistracted loose meditation.

      -geo-

      I previously thought that "dispeller of
      darkness," meant that the guru did something
      magical to you, akin to waving a magic wand,
      and somehow (who knew how?) "Abracadabra!"
      Poof! The darkness is dispelled, and
      now you are enlightened!

      But if one knows what the darkness is,
      i.e. self-ignorance, and where it is, (in
      the mind), and how it's dispelled (when
      the truth is recognized), although not
      poetic, that's a lot clearer, IMO.

      And then we can say 'dispeller of
      darkness' and we know exactly
      what those lovely words mean.

      Thus guru becomes what a guru actually is,
      not a magician, but rather a guide.

      Poetry is beautiful, look at Rumi.
      The Upanisads are nothing but poetry actually,
      but if we don't know what the poetic words really
      mean, we can (and I have) come up with some
      pretty wild ideas about it.

      Dhanya