#4374 - Monday, September 19, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2011

      #4374 - Monday, September 19, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You are the sky. Everything else, it's just the weather.

      ~Pema Chodron

      Meditation is not an activity. It is the cessation of an activity.

      ~Rupert Spira

      I asked the river
      About its destination
      And came out lucky:
      It babbled about nothing
      And never came to a point

      ~Gyosen

      by Tony Cartledge in Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      " Show me something now, in your experience, that is at distance from yourself,
      and made out of something other than yourself. Love is the natural condition of
      all experiences. There is never any separation, there is never real duality ".

      ~Rupert Spira
      by Rorayma Gavidia on Facebook

      Mukti or liberation is our nature. It is another  name for us. Our wanting mukti is
      a very funny  thing. It is like a man who is in the shade,  voluntarily leaving the
      shade, going into the sun, feeling the severity of the heat there, making  great
      efforts to get back to the shade and then  rejoicing, "How sweet is the shade! I
      have reached  the shade at last!" We are all doing exactly the  same. We are not
      different from the reality. We  imagine we are different, that is we create the
      bheda bhava [the feeling of difference] and then  undergo great sadhana
      [spiritual practices] to get  rid of the bheda bhava and realise the oneness. Why
      imagine or create bheda bhava and then destroy it?

      ~Sri Ramana Maharshi

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "Be As You Are" The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi edited by David Godman

      on Along The Way

      "Compassion has nothing to do with achievement at all. It is spacious and very
      generous. When a person develops real compassion, he is uncertain whether he
      is being generous to others or to himself because compassion is enviromental
      generosity, without direction, without ” for me” and without ” for them”. It is
      filled with joy, spontaneously existing joy, constant joy in the sense of trust, in
      the sense that joy contains tremendous wealth, richness.”

      ~Chogyam Trungpa

      by Amrita Nadi on Daily Dharma

      "Rashani's cards are a rich harvest of unique images and deep wisdom. They are
      sacred maps for transformation, helping us shift our consciousness, our lives, our
      world. They offer nourishing guidance for a sustainable future."
      -Dr. Margaret Pavel, Ecopsychologist

      As a young girl Rashani was drawn to and inspired by the silkscreen prints and
      serigraphs of Sister Corita, later known as Corita Kent. She loved the interplay of
      words, images and color and how Corita integrated social and spiritual messages.
      It was Rashani’s first experience of “engaged art.”

      In 1967, Rashani studied with one of Corita’s students, Sister Monica Julie, when
      she was the only non-Catholic student at Notre Dame High School in Belmont,
      California. Her passion for calligraphy and collage was ignited that year and has
      been expressing itself unstoppably ever since.

      For the past forty-four years, Rashani has explored, and been transformed by, the
      alchemy of images, words and color, this ineffable trinity which became her main
      “practice.”

      In 1984 she went to visit Corita, to thank her for being such a profound influence
      in her life. Corita looked quietly and carefully at Rashani’s bulging portfolio and
      after about twenty-five minutes without having said a word, she simply nodded
      her head and smiled. “YES,” she whispered, “One day the world will be touched
      by your gifts.”

      View newly available card decks with different sets of quotes:

      (Words by twenty-three women mystics)