#4367 - Monday, September 12, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2011

      #4367 - Monday, September 12, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Radiance of Being: A Blog on Nonduality

      "If you are earnest, you will find that in  the end you will get fed up with roaming
      and regret the waste of energy and  time. To find your self, you need not take a
      single step." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

      excerpt:

      Q: It's just a matter of recognizing it.

      Rodney: Right, of seeing or understanding that what you are looking for is what
      you already are. That immediacy is currently being overlooked for any number of
      reasons. But the usual "suspects" are a needless attention on thoughts and
      feelings, dualistic thinking (awareness is there, but "I" have to "attain" it), and the
      objectification of yourself and appearances (e.g., that you are an individual
      person rather than awareness itself).

      Q: So this "I" within me can't take me that final understanding.

      Rodney: It cannot. It is just a thought, a temporary sense of an individual self
      arising in presence. Having been told that, you simply bring your attention back
      to the spaciousness from which a thought or feeing or belief emerges. So not
      only is the "answer" already there, you are the answer. It is your ordinary,
      everyday awareness seen in its totality. As you reflect upon any of this, be
      attentive to any cessations of thoughts and sentiments. And those pauses most
      definitely will occur; for thoughts and ideas come and go. Awareness does not.
      So what is it, right at this moment , that is not moving? The answer is before and
      within you, and you are That.

      Rodney Stevens

      rose and photo by Gloria Lee

       A Rose is a Rose is a Rose

      Does the rose have to do something?
      No, the purpose of a rose is to be a rose.
      Your purpose is to be yourself.
      You don't have to run anywhere to become someone else.
      You are wonderful just the way you are.
      This teaching of the Buddha allows us to enjoy ourselves,
      The blue sky, and everything that is refreshing and healing
      In the present moment.
      We already have everything we are looking for,
      Everything we want to become.
      We are already a Buddha
      So why not just take the hand of another Buddha
      And practice walking meditation?
      Just be.
      Just being in the moment in this place
      Is the deepest practice of meditation.
      The Heart Sutra says that there is "nothing to attain."
      We meditate not to attain enlightenment,
      Because enlightenment is already in us.

      We don't need to search anywhere.
      We don't need to practice to obtain some high position.
      We can enjoy every moment.
      People talk about entering nirvana,
      But we are already there.
      Aimlessness and nirvana are one.
      We have everything we need
      To make the present moment the happiest in our life,
      Even if we have a cold or a headache.
      We don't have to wait until
      We get over our cold to be happy.
      Having a cold is part of life.
      I am happy in the present moment.
      I do not ask for anything else.
      I do not expect any additional happiness.
      Aimlessness is stopping and realizing
      The happiness that is already available.

      Thich Nhat Hanh