#4363 - Thursday, September 8, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011

      #4363 - Thursday, September 8, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      If you really look,
      you will see
      you are avoiding
      this moment,
      you are avoiding
      experiencing
      this moment.

      It is not that you
      are somewhere else
      and you have to get
      back to here,

      it is that you are
      actively
      avoiding this moment.

      If you can really
      be honest
      and see this reflex
      of avoiding this moment,
      then you can really begin
      to let it go
      and drop into this moment.

      You can begin
      to let go of thinking
      and experience what is here.

      Our problems
      make us important.
      Our knowledge
      makes us important.

      They keep us
      separated from this moment.

      We hold on to our problems
      and what we know
      because we are scared
      of the nothingness
      underneath it.

      We are afraid
      of being nothing,
      of being nobody.

      We hold on to hope
      and improvement
      and 'feel good' quotes
      because the present moment
      is too vast and empty.

      Yet the very thing
      we keep avoiding
      is the very thing
      we are seeking.

      The moment
      you give it all up
      and fully immerse yourself
      in what is really here,
      there is unconditional peace.

      The silence of this moment
      completes you.

      ~Kip Mazuy

      posted by Jacque Collier to Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      Yogamates Interview:

      excerpt:
      Yogamates: Why is meditation music so important and essential to raise
      consciousness?

      Kip: Because you are influenced and conditioned by everything around you. You
      are a product of your environment.

      If you are in a stressful environment, part of that stress becomes you. And sound
      plays a big part. People who listen to the radio all day take on a bit of the
      vibration of every musician, advertiser and DJ they listen to. You walk by a jack
      hammer, a car honking their horn, the loud thumping of a subwoofer base, a
      woman yelling at her child, all of these sounds carry a vibration that is moving
      through you.

      And because most people live in an environment that is not conducive to inner
      peace, spiritual progress can often seem quite slow and difficult. [...]

      Yogamates: Please tell us about your profound spiritual awakening that led you
      to create Ocean Euphoric.

      Kip: One winter day, I was walking along the beach with my dog and was
      overcome by a feeling of deep sadness, loss, and despair. As I surrendered to
      this emotion, completely allowing myself to feel the sensations that were there,
      the emotion grew in intensity.

      By the time I got home, this feeling was so overwhelming I could not function. I
      sat down on the couch, and immediately I could not move my body, as though I
      was put under for an operation. Still surrendering to this emotional intensity, I
      watched as thousands of thoughts, dreams & visions flashed before me at
      lightning speed and immediately burned away in this intensity.

      At some point I realized that this intensity that I called emotion was in fact the
      intensity of consciousness. And every thought, feeling and dream that arose was
      instantly burned away in this fire of consciousness. It went on like this until
      everything was burned away and there was just consciousness.

      After a couple of hours of this, I was able to move my body again. I stood up
      and looked over at my kitchen clock, and at that moment I realized that I was
      and always had been consciousness itself. That there never could be anything but
      consciousness and the idea of a separate me with problems and desires did not
      exist. The ego only existed as an action of resistance to what is.

      It was not a thought but a total realization, beyond mind, like an explosion. Just
      recalling it now brings waves of bliss up through my body.

      For a while I wanted to tell everyone about it thinking they could realize the
      same. But most of the time the words were no good. I often came across as
      annoying and arrogant.

      It was apparent that this realization could not happen through words but
      energetically. Something at an energetic level shifted and that was what made all
      the difference.

      So began a lot of research into sound. And in the end the only thing I found that
      helped you experience unconditional peace was the presence of an enlightened
      master, one who had attained the highest states of meditation. Simply by sitting
      in their presence, you could easily move into beautiful states of peace and bliss.
      Transformation happened fast and effortlessly.

      And then one day I found a way to turn this enlightened presence into sound and
      the sound into music. It literally just fell into my lap when I was working on
      something else and blew me away. That was when Ocean Euphoric was born.