#4360 - Monday, September 5, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2011

      #4360 - Monday, September 5, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Enlightenment absorbs this universe of qualities.
      When that merging occurs, there is nothing
      but God. This is the only doctrine.

      There is no word for it, no mind
      to understand it with, no categories
      of transcendence or non-transcendence,
      no vow of silence, no mystical attitude.

      There is no Shiva and no Shakti
      in enlightenment, and if there is something
      that remains, that whatever-it-is
      is the only teaching.

      ~ Lalla
      14th Century North Indian mystic

      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      "If you want God and you chase God, God will be out of your reach.
      If you stop and drop every concept of God, you are enfolded in the Living Presence
      of God."

      ~ Gangaji

      seeker of truth

      follow no path
      all paths lead where

      truth is here

      ~ ee cummings

      Acceptance is your inherent state, non-acceptance is artificial, fabricated.

      ~ Jean Klein
       I Am p.132

      by Tony Cartledge on Facebook

      LIFE GOES ON

      There is no island of bliss to which we finally arrive post-awakening. The
      experience of Silence is always available, of course, and it is the background
      of all experience, but it does not REPLACE or NEGATE experience. It remains
      the birthplace of personal experience, which goes on just like before but
      without the personal attachment that used to make it so joyful or painful. We
      must keep our eyes open and move forward into whatever life presents from
      moment to moment, even as we rest as that Creative Silence. Such radical
      courage is what reveals that we are also Life Itself.

      ~ Richard Young on Facebook

      There is another, sweeter power available to us all, regardless of how many words we know.
      It starts in the heart and is effortlessly spoken through the eyes.  Sometimes,
      just for perspective, take a break and hear the music.

      ~ Gangaji

      by Sandra Ma on Facebook

      Listen to your life.
      See it for the fathomless mystery that it is.
      In the boredom and pain of it
      no less than in the excitement and gladness:
      touch, taste, smell your way
      into the holy and hidden heart of it,
      because in the last analysis
      all moments are key moments,
      and life itself is grace.

      ~ Frederick Buechner

      by Jacque Collier on Facebook

      The Treasure Chest of the Body

      Everything we have ever fled from, as separated consciousness, is here, right
      here in our body, in our nervous system. We don't have to travel far to know
      ourselves, to meet ourselves.

      This fleeing the body is what keeps us bound. And now we have an even
      more sophisticated form of leaving ourselves - the use of spiritual concepts.
      How frequently the mind tries to chew on these , in one more valiant,
      exhausting effort to get away from the 'ouch' of life, from what we are actually
      feeling, from the discomfort, the waves of angst that rise in the body.

      Discomfort arising is a gift. It is the body's way of defrostng itself, of
      integrating the massive amount of old shock, separation energy that is stored
      there.

      Don't deny your experience, even if you know at some level it's not real.
      Imagine telling an upset baby it doesn't exist. Where and how could that land.
      Let your experience become truly unreal by giving it the reality and attention it
      first needs. It is through this body of ours that we come to realize we are not
      the body.

      Presence and sensation with no ownership of any of it. Our sanctuary, our
      favorite resting place, our true resting ground.

      ~ Mags Deane on Facebook

      in time of daffodils

      in time of daffodils(who know
      the goal of living is to grow)
      forgetting why,remember how

      in time of lilacs who proclaim
      the aim of waking is to dream,
      remember so(forgetting seem)

      in time of roses(who amaze
      our now and here with paradise)
      forgetting if,remember yes

      in time of all sweet things beyond
      whatever mind may comprehend,
      remember seek(forgetting find)

      and in a mystery to be
      (when time from time shall set us free)
      forgetting me,remember me

      ~ ee cummings

      from the film American Beauty

      "It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's
      this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like,
      dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen
      minutes. And that's the day I realized there was this entire life behind things,
      and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no
      reason to be afraid, ever."

      ~ 'Ricky Fitts' from American Beauty