#4359 - Sunday September 4, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4359, Sunday September 4, 2011

      Be open, sensitive, be fully aware of what is from moment to moment. Don't build around yourself a wall of impregnable thought. The bliss of truth comes when the mind is not occupied with its own activities and struggles.

      Krishnamurti, posted to Distillation

      I do not negate the world. I see it as appearing in consciousness, which is the totality of the known in the immensity of the unknown. What begins and ends is mere appearance. The world can be said to appear, but not to "be". The appearance may last very long on some scale of time, and be very short on another, but ultimately it comes to the same. Whatever is time bound is momentary and has no reality.

      One need only float with the magnificent current of Totality in the ecstasy of oneness with the cosmic flow of events. What else can the dreamer do with his dream except passively witness it without judgment?

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      You are a bird of the sea,
      even though a chicken has sheltered you beneath her wing.
      The desire in your heart is for the sea;
      your soul has that nature from your mother.
      Leave your land-bound nursemaid and move on.
      Come into the sea of reality.
      You are a waterfowl:
      you can live on land and sea.
      You are of royal birth, for . . .
      "We have ennobled the children of Adam:"
      you walk on both dry land and sea.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II:3767-3773. version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Daylight, posted to Sunlight

      Oceanography 11/7/05

      Do some kinds of shellfish
      live past the outgrowing of their shells?
      Is there the possibility for them,
      Of easing out slowly
      from the constraining tightness?
      Such a beautiful shell
      spiral bound, glistening with stars.

      Is there a shellfish
      that releases it's hold
      and slides free
      into the weightless wonder
      of the moving tides,
      Homeless in the immensity?

      What wonder
      To feel this easing in the human experience.
      The unhooking from the moorings
      The smooth glide out into the total vulnerability
      with the willingness to be another's dinner
      no more protection is needed
      There is nothing to do
      But find the current
      And go.