#4356 - Thursday, September 1, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011

      #4356 - Thursday, September 1, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      It is a true miracle when a man finally sees himself as his only opposition.
      Vernon Howard
      by Tony Cartledge on facebook

      What hurts you, blesses you.
      Darkness is your candle.
      Your boundaries are your quest.
      I can explain this, but it would break
      the glass cover on your heart,
      and there's no fixing that.
      ~ Rumi
      by Sarah Hughes on Facebook

      Searching through intellectual knowledge
      for the true Light is like a man lost in tunnels under the earth...
      the deeper he journeys the darker it becomes...
      ~ Rumi
      by Mellita Kelly on Facebook

      I lost my world, my fame, my mind --
      The Sun appeared, and all the shadows ran.
      I ran after them, but vanished as I ran --
      Light ran after me and hunted me down.
      ~ Rumi
      by Neena Singh on Facebook

      How Poetry Comes to Me
      It comes blundering over the
      Boulders at night, it stays
      Frightened outside the
      Range of my campfire
      I go to meet it at the
      Edge of the light
      ~ Gary Snyder
      from No Nature: New and Selected Poems, by Gary Snyder
      comment by Ivan M. Granger:
      Gary Snyder describes poetic inspiration as a shamanic encounter. I imagine
      the poet crouched before his small campfire out in the desert somewhere,
      with the vast black night all around him. And poetry comes, a creature of the
      Otherworld, shy and dangerous and unknown, drawn to the light yet keeping
      to shadow. Only a poet thinks to stand and turn, to walk to the edge of the
      well-lit world and peer into the unknown. The most dangerous poets extend a
      hand and say, "Welcome." That's when the world is replenished with mystery.

      You need not get at it (Enlightenment), for you are it. It will get at  you, if
      you give it a chance. Let go your attachment to the unreal and the real  will
      swiftly and smoothly slip into its own. Stop imagining yourself being or  doing
      this or that and the realisation that you are the source and heart of all  will
      dawn upon you. With this will come great love which is not choice or
      predilection, nor attachment, but a power which makes all things love-worthy
      and lovable.
      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
      by Kia Pierce on Facebook

      Crossing Unmarked Snow

      The things you do not have to say make you rich.
      Saying the things you do not have to say weakens your talk.
      Hearing the things you do not need to hear dulls your hearing.
      Things you know before you hear them is you and this is the reason you're in
      the world.
      ~ Bill Stafford
      by Dianne Brown on Facebook

      The undisturbed state of being is bliss; the disturbed
      state is what appears as the world.  In non-duality
      there is bliss; in duality - experience.  What comes
      and goes is experience with its duality of pain and
      pleasure.  Bliss is not to be known.  One is always
      in bliss, but never blissful.  Bliss is not an attribute.
                       ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "I Am That"
      Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
      posted by Along The Way