#4351 - Saturday, August 27, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4351, Saturday, August 27, 2011

      A primary cause of suffering is delusion: our inability, because of a subtly willful blindness, to see things the way they truly are but instead in a distorted way. The world is in fact a seamless and dynamic unity: a single living organism that is constantly undergoing change. our minds, however, chop it up into separate, static bits and pieces, which we then try mentally and physically to manipulate. One of the mind's most dear creations is the idea of the person and, closest to home, of a very special person which each one of us calls "I": a separate, enduring ego or self. In a moment, then, the seamless universe is cut in two. There is "I" -- and there is all the rest. That means conflict -- and pain, for "I" cannot control that fathomless vastness against which it is set. It will try, of course, as a flea might pit itself against an elephant, but it is a vain enterprise.

      - John Snelling, posted to SufiMystic

      To be attached to one's own happiness is a barrier to the true and perfect path.
      To cherish others is the source of every admirable quality.

      - Tsongkhapa, from The Splendor of an Autumn Moon, posted to Distillation

      To disregard oneself, this is the best dharma. This is the best service to Buddha's religion.

      - from Hundred Thousand Songs: Selections From Milarepa, Poet-Saint of Tibet, posted to SufiMystic

      You are beyond happiness itself.
      You are that place where the waves of happiness
      arise from. Find that place, don't understand it.
      You have to simply see that you are That itself.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Movement and the Arising of Bliss

      If the universe did not move,
      the manifest world
      would not appear before us.

      The first movement is the arising of bliss...
      then desire, followed by suffering,
      and then inevitably - and finally
      - bliss again.

      Before and after every storm
      there is always stillness.

      - Metta Zetty

      all I have ever wanted is wanting
      all I have ever had is having
      all I am is all there is
      and wanting and having are always here
      in equal measure

      all I have ever loved is love
      all I have ever loved is loving
      all I am is love
      and loving is always here
      in infinite measure

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver - a love affair with truth