#4338 - Saturday, August 13, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4338, Saturday, August 13, 2011

      My only regret in life is that I'm not someone else.

      - Woody Allen, posted to Distillation

      Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be.

      - Alan Watts, posted to DailyDharma

      That voice which is the origin of every cry
      and sound: that indeed is the only voice,
      and the rest are only echoes.

      - Rumi, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Daylight, posted to AlongTheWay

      Shall I tell you our secret?
      We are charming thieves who steal hearts
      and never fail because we are
      the friends of the One.
      The time for old preaching is over
      we aim straight at the heart.
      If the mind tries to sneak in and take over
      we will string it up without delay.
      We turn poison into medicine
      and our sorrows into blessings.
      All that was familiar;
      our loved ones and ourselves,
      we had to leave behind.

      Blessed is the poem that comes through me
      but not of me because the sound of my own music
      will drown the song of Love.

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 424, translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, from Rumi: Hidden Music, posted to Sunlight

      Whatever your name, Shiva, Vishnu,
      the genius who inspired Scherazade,
      savior of the Jains, the pure Buddha,
      lotus-born God, I am sick. The world
      is my disease, and You are the cure,
      You, you, you, you, you, you, you.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song - Versions by Coleman Barks, posted to AlongTheWay

      Buddha in Glory

      Center of all centers, core of cores,
      almond self-enclosed, and growing sweet -
      all this universe, to the furthest stars
      all beyond them, is your flesh, your fruit.

      Now you feel how nothing clings to you;
      your vast shell reaches into endless space,
      and there the rich, thick fluids rise and flow.
      Illuminated in your infinite peace,

      a billion stars go spinning through the night,
      blazing high above your head.
      But in you is the presence that
      will be, when all the stars are dead.

      - Rainer Maria Rilke

      Truth is too simple for words
      before thought gets tangled up in nouns and verbs
      there is a wordless sound
      a deep breathless sigh
      of overwhelming relief
      to find the end of fiction