#4322 - Thursday, July 28, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011

      #4322 - Thursday, July 28, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Self is not attained by doing anything, but remaining still  and being as we are.

      -Ramana Maharshi

      Lighthouses don't go running all over an island  looking for boats to save: they just
      stand there, shining.

      -Anne Lamott

      by Michael Rawls to Facebook

      I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in the silence,  and the
      truth comes to me.

      -Albert Einstein

      by Kia Pierce to Facebook

      Strenuously seeking truth
      by investigation and concentration,
      one will never appreciate
      the unthinkable simplicity and bliss
      that abide at the core.

      To uncover this fertile ground,
      cut through the roots of complexity
      with the sharp gaze of naked awareness,
      remaining entirely at peace,
      transparent and content.
      You need not expend great effort
      nor store up extensive spirtual power.
      Remain in the flow of sheer awareness.

      -Tilopa

      by Amrita Nadi to Daily Dharma

      Listening, non-directed attention, is the natural, the inbuilt functioning of the brain.

      -Jean Klein

      by Tony Cartledge to Facebook

      The Truth is the only thing  you’ll ever run into that has no agenda. Everything else
      will have an agenda.  Everything. That is why the Truth is so powerful. Give up
      your agendas and  continue to expose yourself, and harmonization will naturally
      occur.

      —Adyashanti

      by Belle Heywood to Facebook

      Real fearlessness is the product of tenderness. It comes from letting the world
      tickle your heart, your raw and beautiful heart. You are willing to open up, without
      resistance or shyness, and face the world. You are willing to share your heart with
      others.

      -Chogyam Trungpa

      by Sandra Ma to Facebook

      When there is a wound deep inside a person, he will try to share that  with other
      people. What else can he do? You just recognize: "Oh, he needs  compassion."
      Compassion is the only medicine. Unconditional love is the only  treatment.

      -Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

      by Jacque Collier to Facebook

      Your purpose is to be at peace,
      to love all beings, and to know who you are.
      This is the purpose of life.
      Slowly you will know this and get through.
      -Papaji
      by sshomi to Along The Way

       Ah, not to be cut off

      By Rainer Maria Rilke