#4311 - Saturday, July 16, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4311, Saturday, July 16, 2011

      He Also Made the Key

      When I entered the city
      you moved away.
      When I left the city
      you didn't even look up to say good-bye.

      I'll accept your kindness,
      I'll accept your insult.
      I'll accept whatever you have to give.

      Your radiance shines
      in every atom of creation
      yet our petty desires keep it hidden.

      Like the beautiful wife of a prince
      You dwell in a lonely place.
      If you came out of hiding
      the veil on every face would fall.

      You confound the doubting heart,
      Your intoxicate the faithful head.
      You have robbed every soul of its senses,
      You have brought every heart to your breast.

      All roses fall prey to December.
      All intellect falls prey to love's glory.

      Since the rose is not eternal
      Why be captured by its scent?
      Let me know your secrets -
      Only the ones that last forever.

      How many men have found tragic ends
      running after beauty?
      Why don't they look for you? -
      the heart and spirit of all beauty.

      You formed man from a handful of dust.
      You gave him the power to know the highest truth
      . You freed him from the snares of this world
      with one breath of your spirit.

      O love,
      O heart,
      Find the way to heaven.
      Find the way to God's pasture.
      You have spend enough time
      in this pasture made for cattle.

      Set your sights on a place
      Higher than your eyes can see.
      For it was the higher aim
      that brought you here
      in the first place.

      Now be silent.
      Let the One who creates the words speak.
      He made the door.v
      He made the lock.
      He also made the key.

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 2820, version by Jonathan Star, frm Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to Sunlight

      There is a lake so tiny
      that a mustard seed would cover it
      easily, yet everyone drinks from this lake.

      Deer, jackals, rhinoceroses, and sea elephants
      keep falling into it, falling and dissolving
      almost before they have time to be born.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song - Versions br Coleman Barks, posted to AlongTheWay

      Birth

      It was an error,
      Thinking love a choice I could make,
      An action I could take,
      Given the proper object.
      Making equations of "I LOVE YOU",
      Spending lives trying to solve it.
      Seeking lovers, children and pets,
      As reasons for that which already IS,
      Without reason.

      Love, explode me!
      Dissolve this I and its objects,
      Till nothing's left which loves,
      Nothing's left to love,
      Nothing remains but Love,
      And Love's become a wild stallion.

      - Paul Chubbuck

      Perhaps not to be is to be without your being.

      Perhaps not to be is to be without your being,
      without your going, that cuts noon light
      like a blue flower, without your passing
      later through fog and stones,
      without the torch you lift in your hand
      that others may not see as golden,
      that perhaps no one believed blossomed
      the glowing origin of the rose,
      without, in the end, your being, your coming
      suddenly, inspiringly, to know my life,
      blaze of the rose-tree, wheat of the breeze:
      and it follows that I am, because you are:
      it follows from `you are', that I am, and we:
      and, because of love, you will, I will,
      We will, come to be.

      - Pablo Neruda

      An exchange of poems by Pamela Wilson and Walter Hettich:

      To Hanuman

      Leaves barely rustle,
      only grace reveals your presence.
      Joy, its aftermath.

      Take me with you please
      into your fresh and gentle heart.
      I am saddened by human harshness.

      My friends have always been the innocent,
      my home too, the forest.
      Where only kindness reveals my footsteps.

      ~ Pamela

      Long ago
      elephants walked
      on Siva's green hill.