#4302 - Thursday, July 7, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011

      #4302 - Thursday, July 7, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Walk around feeling like a leaf.
      Know you could tumble any second.
      Then decide what to do with your time.
      - Naomi Shihab Nye
      by Rashani Rea on Facebook

      Have a ____ Day
      by Lou Lipsitz
      Have a nice day. Have a memorable day.
      Have (however unlikely) a life-changing day.
      Have a day of soaking rain and lightning.
      Have a confused day thinking about fate.
      Have a day of wholes.
      Have a day of poorly marked,
      unrecognizable wholes you
      cannot fathom.
      Have a ferocious day, a bleak
      unbearable day. Have a
      riotously unproductive day;
      a grim jaw-clenched, Clint Eastwood vengeful
      law enforcement day.
      Have a day of raging, hair-yanking
      jealousy and meanness. Have a day
      of almost grasping
      how whole you are; a finely tuned,
      empty day.
      Have a nice day of walking and circling;
      a day of stalking and hunting,
      of planting strange seeds and wandering in the woods.
      Have a day of endearing nonsense,
      of hopelessly combing your hair,
      a day of yielding, of swallowing
      hard, breathing more deeply,
      a day of fondness for beetles
      and macabre spectacles, or irreverence
      about anything you want, of just
      sitting and wondering.
      Have a day of wondering if it's
      going to help, or if it just doesn't matter;
      a day of dark winds
      and torrents flowing though the valley,
      of diving into cool water
      and gasping for breath,
      a day of sudden hunger for communion.
      Have a day where the crusts you each
      were given are lost and you stumble
      with your fellows
      searching endlessly together.
      from If This World Falls Apart. © Lynx House Press, 2011.

      A Physics
      When you get down to it, Earth
      has our own great ranges
      of feeling-Rocky, Smoky, Blue-
      and a heart that can melt stones.
      The still pools fill with sky,
      as if aloof, and we have eyes
      for all of this-and more, for Earth's
      reminding moon. We too are ruled
      by such attractions-spun and swaddled,
      rocked and lent a light. We run
      our clocks on wheels, our trains
      on time. But all the while we want
      to love each other endlessly-not only for
      a hundred years, not only six feet up and down.
      We want the suns and moons of silver
      in ourselves, not only counted coins in a cup. The whole
      idea of love was not to fall. And neither was
      the whole idea of God. We put him well
      above ourselves, because we meant,
      in time, to measure up.
      ~ Heather McHugh
      (Hinge and Sign: Poems, 1968-1993)
      Stillness Speaks brings you a beautiful short film of Alan Jacobs reading Sri
      Ramana Maharshi's Talk 146; Scott Kiloby discussing his Unfindable Objects
      Inquiry method; Eckhart Tolle analyzing the impersonal nature of awareness;
      the exquisite poetry of Chuck Surface; and Greg Goode pondering the exact
      place where perception is perceived.
      In this issue, we highlight new material available at StillnessSpeaks.com.
      Please visit us there to explore these offerings and much more.