#4299 - Monday, July 4, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 9:33 PM

      #4299 - Monday, July 4, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Desiring happiness is the illness of attachment.
      It is through the absence of desire, that one gains happiness.

      Buddhahood does not happen by being made to happen.
      It is unsought and naturally indwelling, and so is
      spontaneously present.

      Rest nonconceptually in this effortless, natural abiding state."

      ~The All-Creating Monarch Tantra, from Longchenpa's
      Treasury of the Basic Space of Phenomena

      posted to Daily Dharma by Amrita Nadi

      Don't talk of different religions.
      The one reality is everywhere,
      not just in a Hindu, or a Muslim,
      or anywhere else!  Realize:

      your awareness is
      the truth about God.

      - Lalla
                        14th Century North Indian mystic

      posted to Along The Way

      There is no worse sickness for the soul,
      O you who are proud, than this pretense of perfection.
      The heart and eyes must bleed a lot
      before self-complacency falls away.

      ~Rumi

      ----

      Life has taught me the wisdom of moving toward what scares me.

      Although it is embarrassing and painful, it is very healing to stop hiding from
      yourself. It is healing to know all the ways that you’re sneaky, all the ways
      that you hide out, all the ways that you shut down, deny, close off, criticize
      people, all your weird little ways. You can know all of that with some sense of
      humor and kindness. By knowing yourself, you’re coming to know humanness
      altogether. We are all up against these things. We are all in this together.

      ~Pema Chodron

      posted to Facebook by Belle Heywood

      No one’s mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing.

      — Alan Watts

      Painting by Tino Rodriguez, Voice of the Poet, 2005

      Alan Watts: A Conversation with Myself - Part 1

      A 1971 television recording with Alan Watts walking in the mountains and
      talking about the limitations of technology and the problem of trying to keep
      track of an infinite universe with a single tracked mind. Video posted by Alan's
      son and courtesy of alanwatts.com.  (Parts 2, 3, 4 are also there.)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aufuwMiKmE

      Thanks to Christopher Chase for suggestion.