#4297 - Saturday, July 2, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 12:06 PM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4297, Saturday, July 2, 2011

      You demand to know -

      How can Ram Tzu laugh
      As you are being tortured?

      Can't he see you
      Being stretched
      On a rack
      Of your own thoughts?

      Can't he see
      Your pain
      As your ego
      Relentlessly turns the wheel?

      Ram Tzu sees -

      You clutch the ropes
      That appear to bind you.
      There are no knots.
      Nothing else holds you down.

      - Ram Tzu, posted to AlongTheWay

      Learn to live without self-concern. For this you must know your own true being (swarupa) as indomitable, fearless, ever victorious. Once you know with absolute certainty that nothing can trouble you but your own imagination, you come to disregard your desires and fears, concepts and ideas and live by truth alone.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Life presents problems because we fight life; we don't accept what is in the present moment. We want to become something other than what we are. We want something other than what we now have.

      Anything looked at closely becomes wonderful.

      A R Ammons, posted to Distillation

      When you are fully present and people around you manifest unconscious behavior, you won't feel the need to react to it, so you don't give it any reality.

      Your peace is so vast and deep that anything that is not peace disappears into it as if it had never existed. This breaks the karmic cycle of action and reaction.

      Animals, trees, flowers will feel your peace and respond to it. You teach through being, through demonstrating the peace of God.

      You become the "light of the world," an emanation of pure consciousness, and so you eliminate suffering on the level of cause. You eliminate unconsciousness from the world.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from Practicing the Power of Now, posted to The_Now2