#4288 - Thursday, June 23, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011

      #4288 - Thursday, June 23, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The pine tree’s voice is always whispering,

      Yet how many pause to listen?

      For when the churning mind is still,

      The Diamond Heart within

      Reflects even the falling dusk that

      Shrouds every eye and branch,

      And hears, but listens not.

      Walking, then, with Courage and Kindness,

      Never ceasing to walk in Wonder,

      We follow our ancient path.

      For the Way of the sword is folded two;

      Like the rose we have thorns,

      And like the rose, we unfold.

      Ji Aoi Isshi

      What any desire really aims at, is a state of non-desire. This non-desire is a
      state in which we demand absolutely nothing. Thus it is a state of extreme
      abundance, fullness.
      ~ Jean Klein

      posted by Tony Cartledge to Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      Out Of Hiding

      Someone said my name in the garden,

      while I grew smaller
      in the spreading shadow of the peonies,

      grew larger by my absence to another,
      grew older among the ants, ancient

      under the opening heads of the flowers,
      new to myself, and stranger.

      When I heard my name again, it sounded far,
      like the name of the child next door,
      or a favorite cousin visiting for the summer,

      while the quiet seemed my true name,
      a near and inaudible singing
      born of hidden ground.

      Quiet to quiet, I called back.
      And the birds declared my whereabouts all morning.

      Li-Young Lee

      posted by Alan Larus to Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook

      The Greatest Grandeur

      Some say it’s in the reptilian dance
      of the purple-tongued sand goanna,
      for there the magnificent translation
      of tenacity into bone and grace occurs.

      And some declare it to be an expansive
      desert—solid rust-orange rock
      like dusk captured on earth in stone—
      simply for the perfect contrast it provides
      to the blue-grey ridge of rain
      in the distant hills.

      Some claim the harmonics of shifting
      electron rings to be most rare and some
      the complex motion of seven sandpipers
      bisecting the arcs and pitches
      of come and retreat over the mounting
      hayfield.

      Others, for grandeur, choose the terror
      of lightning peals on prairies or the tall
      collapsing cathedrals of stormy seas,
      because there they feel dwarfed
      and appropriately helpless; others select
      the serenity of that ceiling/cellar
      of stars they see at night on placid lakes,
      because there they feel assured
      and universally magnanimous.

      But it is the dark emptiness contained
      in every next moment that seems to me
      the most singularly glorious gift,
      that void which one is free to fill
      with processions of men bearing burning
      cedar knots or with parades of blue horses,
      belled and ribboned and stepping sideways,
      with tumbling white-faced mimes or companies
      of black-robed choristers; to fill simply
      with hammered silver teapots or kiln-dried
      crockery, tangerine and almond custards,
      polonaises, polkas, whittling sticks, wailing
      walls; that space large enough to hold all
      invented blasphemies and pieties, 10,000
      definitions of god and more, never fully
      filled, never.

      ~ Pattiann Rogers ~

      (Firekeeper: New and Selected Poems)

      Rupert Spira

      Rupert was recently interviewed by Richard Miller on Never Not Here. Richard
      commented afterwards: "One of the most satisfying talks I can remember. I
      feel Rupert mislead no one. He was clearly sharing and also modeling the
      calm centeredness and connection that is the essence of his message."

      If you would like to watch the interview follow this link:
      http://www.nevernothere.com/rupert-spira