#4285 - Monday, June 20, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2011

      #4285 - Monday, June 20, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      When mind is quiet, all is Self.
      When mind moves the world arises,
      so be still, throw away everything, and be free.
      Then, when mind is pure, you will see Self
      in all beings.
      Give up seeing with the outer eye
      and the Divine eye will open.

                             - Papaji

      posted to Along The Way

      256.

      Imagine space itself
      reaching into its own invisibility
      for some light with which to form
      etheric masks of momentarily appearing
      shapes that you and I in turn assume to be
      ourselves, momentarily forgetting
      we are that space.

      That's the rascal play
      of living light --

      it hides itself in darkness
      just to magnify the bright.

      ~ Mazie & b 'The 300 Missing Poems of Han Shan'

      Golden Retrievals
      By Mark Doty

      "Fetch? Balls and sticks capture my attention
      seconds at a time. Catch? I don’t think so.
      Bunny, tumbling leaf, a squirrel who’s—oh
      joy—actually scared. Sniff the wind, then

      I’m off again: muck, pond, ditch, residue
      of any thrillingly dead thing. And you?
      Either you’re sunk in the past, half our walk,
      thinking of what you never can bring back,

      or else you’re off in some fog concerning
      —tomorrow, is that what you call it? My work:
      to unsnare time’s warp (and woof!), retrieving,
      my haze-headed friend, you. This shining bark,

      a Zen master’s bronzy gong, calls you here,
      entirely, now: bow-wow, bow-wow, bow-wow."

      posted by Mazie Lane to Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus

      "You of this moment are no longer you of a minute ago. There is no
      permanent entity within us, there is only a stream of being. There is always a
      lot of input and output. The input and the output happen in every second, and
      we should learn how to look at life as streams of being, and not as separate
      entities. This is a very profound teaching of the Buddha. For instance, looking
      into a flower, you can see that the flower is made of many elements that we
      can call non-flower elements. When you touch the flower, you touch the
      cloud. You cannot remove the cloud from the flower, because if you could
      remove the cloud from the flower, the flower would collapse right away. You
      don't have to be a poet in order to see a cloud floating in the flower, but you
      know very well that without the clouds there would be no rain and no water
      for the flower to grow...

      A flower cannot be by herself alone. A flower has to "inter-be" with everything
      else that is called non-flower. That is what we call inter-being. You cannot be,
      you can only inter-be. The word inter-be can reveal more of the reality than
      the word "to be". You cannot be by yourself alone, you have to inter-be with
      everything else. So the true nature of the flower is the nature of inter-being,
      the nature of no self. The flower is there, beautiful, fragrant, yes, but the
      flower is empty of a separate self. To be empty is not a negative note.
      Nagarjuna, of the second century, said that because of emptiness, everything
      becomes possible.

      So a flower is described as empty. But I like to say it differently. A flower is
      empty only of a separate self, but a flower is full of everything else. The
      whole cosmos can be seen, can be identified, can be touched, in one flower.
      So to say that the flower is empty of a separate self also means that the flower
      is full of the cosmos. It's the same thing. So you are of the same nature as a
      flower: you are empty of a separate self, but you are full of the cosmos..."

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      Buddha Nature - 喜多郎 Kitaro

      "The world is its own magic" ~Shunryu Suzuki

      Music video for Endless Water & Tree, from Kitaro's album "Ki" ...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIs9ecuD0Q0

      posted by Christopher Chase to Nonduality Highlights Group on Facebook