#4283 - Saturday, June 18, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4283, Saturday, June 18, 2011

      You want out
      You want escape
      You want relief.

      You meditate
      To block out life.
      You chant
      To put the world on hold.
      You pray
      To get what you want.
      You take drugs
      To get there faster.

      Ram Tzu knows this -

      Your noble search for God
      Is but a sly dodge.

      - Ram Tzu, posted to AlongTheWay

      If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.

      Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, posted to Distillation

      Beyond memory, beyond feelings, I forget all about experiences, the good ones and the bad. It's OK to forget them, they just go up and down.

      - Milarepa, posted to DailyDharma

      It's good to leave each day behind,
      like flowing water, free of sadness.
      Yesterday is gone and its tale told.
      Today new seeds are growing.

      - Rumi, from Rumi - Whispers of the Beloved, . selected and translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, posted to AlongTheWay

      This World is Not My Home, I'm Only Passing Through

      The more you say, the more mistakes you'll make,
      so keep it simple.
      No one arrives without leaving soon.
      This blue-eyed, green footed world -
      hello,
      Goldie, goodbye.

      We won't meet again. So what?
      The rust will remain in the trees,
      and pine needles stretch
      their necks,
      Their tiny necks, and sunlight will snore in the limp grass.

      - Charles Wright, from Bye-and-Bye: Selected Late Poems, posted to allspirit