#4278, Friday June 17, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4278, Friday June 17, 2011

      The secret

      There is the simple world, the creation.
      It hints to something.
      Follow the hints boldly,
      Seek. Ask. Enquire.
      Abandoning all
      Dive deeply within.
      Forget self.
      See the whole creation
      Hidden in the secret
      And the secret in creation.

      You are the nameless, boundless sea!

      - Yosy Flug, posted to NonDualitySalon

      Without thinking, imagining, examining, judging, meditating, acting, hoping, or fearing, the impulses of the intellect fixing on these activities spontaneously dissolve. It is thus that one achieves the primordial state.

      - Naropa, posted to DailyDharma

      Seek not to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek instead what they sought.

      - Chinese parable, posted to AlongTheWay

      We search for love out there in the world, only to discover that we never lacked love, and there is no 'out there'.

      - Jeff Foster, posted to Distillation

      What people call realization or enlightenment already exists - it is not 'something' to be acquired. Therefore, any and every attempt to 'attain' it is an exercise in self-defeating futility.

      The sea doesn't let the fish out,
      nor does it let the creatures of the earth in.
      Water is the original home of the fish;
      the weighty animal is of the earth.
      Nothing we do can change this.
      The lock of Divine destiny is strong,
      and the only opener is God:
      cling to surrender and contentment with God's will.
      Though the atoms, one by one, should become keys,
      yet this opening is not effected except by divine Majesty.
      When you forget your own scheming,
      happiness will come to you from your spiritual guide.
      When you are forgetful of self,
      you are remembered by God;
      when you have become God's slave,
      then you are set free.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi III: 3071-3076, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance. posted to Sunlight

      Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
      Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
      where there is injury,pardon;
      where there is doubt, faith;
      where there is despair, hope;
      where there is darkness, light;
      and where there is sadness, joy.

      O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
      to be consoled as to console;
      to be understood as to understand;
      to be loved as to love.
      For it is in giving that we receive;
      it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
      and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

      - Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi