#4278 - Sunday June 12, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4278, Sunday June 12, 2011

      Happiness is our real nature and we shall never rest until we find it. But rarely do we know where to seek it. Once you have understood that the world is but a mistaken view of reality, and it is not what it appears to be, you are free of its obsessions.

      There is nothing to save, now all is lost,
      but a tiny core of stillness in the heart
      like the eye of a violet.

      - D.H. Lawrence, posted to allspirit

      There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.

      - The Dalai Lama, posted to DailyDharma

      When you know beyond all doubting that the same life flows through all that is and you are that life, you will love all naturally and spontaneously. When you realize the depth and fullness of your love of yourself, you know that every living being and the entire universe are included in your affection.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      We all flow from one fountain Soul. All are expressions of one love. God does not appear, and flow out, only from narrow chinks and round bored wells here and there in favored races and places, but He flows in grand undivided currents, shoreless and boundless over creeds and forms and all kinds of civilizations and peoples and beasts, saturating all.

      John Muir, posted to Distillation

      When love itself comes to kiss you,
      don't hold back! When the king

      goes hunting, the forest smiles.
      Now the king has become the place

      and all the players, prey, bystander,
      bow, arrow, hand and release. How

      does that feel? Last night's dream
      enters these open eyes. When we die

      and turn to dust, each particle will
      be the whole. You hear a mote whirl

      taking form? My music. Love, calm,
      patient. The Friend has waded down

      into existence, gotten stuck, and
      will not be seen again outside of

      this. We sometimes make spiderwebs
      of smoke and saliva, fragile thought

      packets. Leave thinking to the one
      who gave intelligence. In silence

      there is eloquence. Stop weaving
      and watch how the pattern improves.

      -Rumi, Gazal 922, version by Coleman Barks, from The Soul of Rumi, posted to Sunlight