#4273 - Tuesday, June 7, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7 5:39 PM
      #4273 - Tuesday, June 7, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Jim Conrad writes:

      When you run into someone who's lived a different kind
      of life -- such as the one the past ten years of my
      Newsletters describe -- it's natural to ask, "What's
      it like being that way? What have you learned?"

      One insight into the first question is provided by
      this fact: The trajectory of my last ten years was
      directed less by intelligent and wise decision making,
      than by the process of elimination. During those ten
      years I wanted a simplified existence focusing on
      Nature so badly that I didn't mind ending up living in
      tents, unused trailers, people's barns, the ruins of
      buildings, Maya corncribs, thatch-roofed huts and the
      like. And though I wouldn't have chosen such homes
      over more comfortable ones if I'd had a choice,
      somehow once I began living where I was I always found
      my home experience happy and enriching in ways I
      hadn't anticipated.

      With regard to what I've learned, the first thing
      coming to mind is that I've been mightily impressed by
      the irrepressible diversity of people, their
      societies, and the natural environments people and
      societies are rooted in. The all-encompassing
      evolutionary drive toward diversity is so compelling
      that it's clear to me that the Universal Creative
      Inspiration wishes it. In my system of spirituality,
      then, that makes diversity "sacred." I have learned to
      think of myself as a disciple of diversity.

      Finally, what does it mean to me that I've been the
      one seeing, thinking about and having feelings about
      all the things chronicled in those ten years of
      Newsletters? More than anything it's this:

      That, exactly in proportion to how much I've
      experienced and learned, I feel that much dumber and
      inadequate. All around me, all the time, the ever-more
      mysterious and majestic Universe increasingly leaves
      me stunned, feeling immature and unsophisticated.

      If I manage to live a few more years of this
      Newsletter life, I can hardly imagine how utterly
      ignorant I'll become, and how useless and embarrassing
      normal humanity will come to regard me as being.

      http://www.backyardnature.net/news/natnat.php

      Online Spiritual Interactivity in 2011

      Scott Kiloby has just announced the latest Series II Living Realization meetings.

      What's great about these meetings is that people can participate and gain support, gather together in a community of like-minded people, and meet one-on-one or in group sessions with Scott  — all via the Living Realization web site! These live online meetings are based on the Living Realization e-book and are taking place with easy-to-use webcam technology (powered by WebEx).
      More folks are connected to the internet now than ever, so it’s time to introduce and connect you to the (online) meeting.

      Scott is constantly developing this unique format, while attempting to provide more direct benefit to people. This rather effective format includes three different meeting groups: the Awareness Group, the Inseparability Group, and the Middle Way Group. These groups are designed to help Scott meet people where they are.

      You don’t need any special technological skills to participate in the Living Realization meetings online. Simply navigate to the Meeting Group that interests you or best represents where you are in your spiritual path, and then click on the link - you will be taken to a landing page where you can sign up for the meeting(s).

      Visit the online meeting schedule here: http://livingrealization.org/online-schedule/

      A message from Scott Kiloby (author/creator of LR):

      “Many teachings invite people to turn away from the content of their lives. Living Realization invites us to go through the specific content of our lives, using it as the doorway to liberation.  After all, we only recognize truth by seeing what is false.  We only recognize freedom from suffering through personal suffering.  This new approach is much more personal and allows for specific inquiry and dialoguing.

      • I've been working to develop more innovative, ‘hands-on’ ways of meeting people where they are and having them participate more directly.
      • I've adding more specific inquiries that helps one break through the sense of oscillating between the recognition of awareness and the sense of separation (The I've got it/I've lost it syndrome).
      • I've also added the Unfindable Object Inquiry to the meetings, which is a tool that actively looks into the empty nature of phenomena instead of turning or withdrawing away from it. Turning away from appearances or the world assumes that the appearances and the world are separate from awareness (perhaps the biggest duality of all).
      • The addition of the Middle Way moves us away from absolutistic ideas about nonduality and awareness, so that nonduality is experienced as less of a viewpoint or philosophy and more of our actual, everyday experience, which includes being in the world in every way, not just "free of it."
      We know you will find the online sessions beneficial!

      Series II online meeting schedule: http://livingrealization.org/online-schedule/