#4264 - Sunday May 29, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 9:41 PM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4264 Sunday May 29, 2011

      We are the sole creators of this dream, which has absolutely no purpose other than our awakening from it.

      Tony Parsons, posted to Distillation

      Meditation on Center Space

      Take a moment now,
      as you are reading these words,
      simply to be still - to slow down, and to breathe deeply -
      to look within.

      Focus your attention and
      dive deep into who or whatever
      you imagine yourself to be -
      into THAT which feels as if it is
      at the very Center of who you are.

      This Center Space is quiet, clear and Aware -
      Listening, Seeing, Alert.

      When you pay attention to your immediate experience
      - within this moment -
      your True Nature will be that sense of
      Perception, Spacious Openness and Awareness
      you find inside.

      Recognize this still point,
      and you will directly discover
      you are none other than THAT.

      - Metta Zetty

      Deafened by the voice of desire
      you are unaware the Beloved lives
      in the core of your heart.
      Stop the noise and
      you will hear His voice
      in the silence.

      - Rumi, from Rumi: Hidden Music,translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, posted to AlongTheWay

      The only true meditation is the constant impersonal witnessing of all that takes place in one's life as mere movements in the universal Consciousness.

      Ramesh Balsekar, posted to Distillation

      For the the raindrop, joy is in entering the river -
      Unbearable pain becomes it's own cure.

      Travel far enough into sorrow, tears turn to sighing;
      In this way, we learn how water can die into air.

      When, after heavy rain, the stormclouds disperse,
      Is it not that they've wept themselves clear to the end?

      If you want to know the miracle, how wind can polish a mirror,
      Look: the shining glass grows green in spring.

      It's the rose's unfolding, Ghalib, that creates the desire to see -
      In every color and circumstance, may the eyes be open for what comes.

      Ghalib, from The Enlightened Heart - An Anthology of Sacred Poetry, edited by Stephen Mitchell

      I've burned my own house down,
      the torch is in my hand.
      Now I'll burn down the house of anyone
      who wants to follow me.