#4257 - Sunday May 22, 2011
- Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm
Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4257, Sunday May 22, 2011
What you need will come to you if you do not ask for what you do not need. Yet only few people reach this state of complete dispassion and detachment. It is a very high state, the very threshold of liberation.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels
Deafened by the voice of desire
you are unaware the Beloved lives
in the core of your heart.
Stop the noise and
you will hear His voice
in the silence.
- Rumi, translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, posted to AlongTheWay
Pleasure and pain alternate. Happiness is
unshakable. What you can seek and find
is not the real thing. Find what you have
never lost, find the inalienable.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay
Just as one's dream in sleep exists nowhere but in the mind (both as cause and effect) so does the universe exist only in the mind of infinite Consciousness.
It must be constantly borne in mind while trying to understand the mechanics of the apparent process of manifestation that nothing has actually been created. All that appears is mind-stuff, that of which all dreams are made, and apart from Consciousness itself, nothing exists, neither the mind nor the senses nor their objects.
- Ramesh Balsekar, posted to ANetofJewels
This aloneness is worth more than a thousand lives.
This freedom is worth more than all the lands on earth.
To be one with the truth for just a moment,
Is worth more than the world and life itself.
- Rumi, from Rumi - Thief of Sleep,posted to DailyDharma
Here is somewhere within where mind cannot reach.
Presence is always Here and you are always That.
Papaji, posted to Distillation
Look deeply: every second I am arriving.
Thich Nhat Hanh, posted to Distillation