#4254 - Thursday, May 19, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2011

      #4254 - Thursday, May 19, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown
      out of the nest."

      ~Pema Chodron

      from Daily Dharma

      Deafened by the voice of desire
      you are unaware the Beloved lives
      in the core of your heart.
      Stop the noise and
      you will hear His voice
      in the silence.

        - Rumi

      Rumi: Hidden Music
      Translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi

      from Along The Way

      I know of a place not ruled by flatness
      Or constant risings & depressions,
      & those alive are not afraid to die.
      There wild flowers come up through the leafy floor,
      & the fragrance of "I am he" floats on the wind.
      There the love bee stays deep inside the flower
      and cares for no other thing.

      ~ Kabir

      photo by Alan Larus

      To be in the grip of an opinion means to be in the grip of your mind and
      mistaking that for who you are in essence.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      DAWN

      at this time
      when the light is not yet
      useful, merely
      beautiful

      when a bright
      honey pours
      nectar over a curved
      horizon, into a nameless

      chalice, and your vision
      wakes also, as if
      to meet it, touching
      everything

      when for an endless
      moment all
      colors are
      this

      color a shimmering
      fabric an infinite
      wisdom this

      body
      of pure love, so suddenly

      your own. . .

      By Elizabeth Reninger
      (1963 - )
       from
      And Now the Story Lives Inside You, by Elizabeth Reninger

      Elizabeth is a practitioner of the Taoist arts of qigong, acupuncture, tuina and
      poetry; and has been exploring the terrain of Inner Alchemy (Yoga/Qigong in
      various forms) for upwards of twenty-five years. She has had the privilege and
      good fortune of receiving instruction from a number of great Taoist, Buddhist and
      Hindu Teachers.

      She writes an insightful, exploratory, often playful blog on Taoism at
      http://taoism.about.com/

      ... Find the Poetry Chaikhana on Facebook and Twitter ...

      There is an inner perfection
      the same for everyone.
      The psyche may go through the motions,
      but it’s journey is done.

      by Ivan Granger

      ~  ~  ~

      May our eyes see, though our hearts break.
      May our hearts break, that they may open.
      May our hearts bleed, that we know
      life flows through them.

      by Ivan Granger