#4251 - Monday, May 16, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2011

      #4251 - Monday, May 16, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      In our life there is a single color,
      as on an artist`s palette,
      which provides the meaning of life and art.
      It is the color of love.
      ~Marc Chagall

      posted by Enea Bozeglav to Facebook

      Buddha

      The reality that came to me is profound and hard to see or understand because it is
      beyond the sphere of thinking. It is sublime and unequaled but subtle and only to be
      found by the dedicated.

      Most people fail to see this reality, for they are attached to what they cling to, to
      pleasures and delights. Since all the world is attached to material things, it’s very
      difficult for people to grasp how everything originates in conditions and causes. It’s a
      hard job for them to see the meaning of the fact that everything, including ourselves,
      depends on everything else and has no permanent self-existence.

      If I were to try to teach this truth, this reality, nobody would understand me, I
      thought. My labor and my trouble would be for nothing.

      But then it came to me as an insight that I should teach this truth, for it is also
      happiness. There are people whose sight is only a little clouded, and they are suffering
      through not hearing the reality. They would become knowers of the truth.

      It was in this way I went forth to teach:

      For those who are ready, the door

      To the deathless state is open.

      You that have ears, give up

      The conditions that bind you,

      And enter in.

      Majijhima Nikaya

      All those who clearly understand the fact that enlightenment is everywhere come to the
      perfect wisdom with a marvelous insight that all objects and structures, just as they are
      in the present moment, are themselves enlightenment, both the way and the goal, being
      perfectly transparent to the ineffable. Those who experience the ineffable, known as
      Suchness, recognize that all structures are radiantly empty of self-existence.

      Those who attain perfect wisdom are forever inspired by the conviction that the
      infinitely varied forms of this world, in all their relativity, far from being a hindrance
      and a dangerous distraction to the spiritual path, are really a healing medicine. Why?
      Because by the very fact that they are interdependent on each other and therefore
      have no separate self, they express the mystery and the energy of all-embracing love.
      Not just the illumined wise ones but every single being in the interconnected world is a
      dweller in the boundless infinity of love.

      Prajnaparamita Sutra

      Scriptures of the Buddha

      Excerpted from The Buddha Speaks, edited by Anne Bancroft 2000

      I climb the road to Cold Mountain,

      The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.

      The valleys are long and strewn with stones;

      The streams broad and banked with thick grass.

      Moss is slippery, though no rain has fallen;

      Pines sigh, but it isn’t the wind.

      Who can break from the snares of the world

      And sit with me among the white clouds?

      Han-shan

      photos by Alan Larus

      Good as Alan always is, sometimes he surpasses himself.
      See amazing close ups of this waterfall here: