#4250 - Sunday May 15, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4250, Sunday May 15, 2011

      The identified man takes part in things and suffers. The unidentified man merely watches the spectacle. The identified man tries to understand truth while the unidentified man experiences it.

      You already are the very Beloved that
      you've been seeking.

      Although there seems to be separate
      personalities in the world, there's really
      no separate person.

      There's only "One."

      But it's a One without a "some-one" being
      attached to it.

      Because of this, no matter where it is that
      you rest your gaze, you're always looking
      directly into the multi-faceted "Face-of-God."

      And, miraculously, it's always been your very
      own face.

      Give up your idea about what you and God
      seem to look like.

      You both look exactly like "what is."

      - Chuck Hillig, from Seeds for the Soul, posted to AlongTheWay

      The sense of LOVE which is the essence of Consciousness gets turned into love for material objects when Consciousness identifies with the things it manifests.

      This attachment toward things of the world falls off only when there is clear understanding of our True Nature.

      Our true nature is that simple and undeniable presence of awareness that illumines all thinking, feeling and perceiving. Always present and radiantly clear, it is never obscured by time, circumstances or thoughts.

      - John Wheeler, posted to Distillation

      All inquiry is meant for one purpose: to take you experientially into the Unknown as efficiently as possible. Once you get there, simply be still because the inquiry has delivered you to its destination. The rest is up to Grace.

      Do not hold onto any knowledge that comes your way. Even the greatest revelations must not be clung to, or you will end up with a head full of memories and a heart empty of substance.

      The truth is ever new, existing only in the now. The highest truth is beyond knowledge and experience. It is beyond time and space, and beyond beingness, consciousness, and oneness.

      Just remember that all direct path techniques are meant simply to undermine, to cut away, the one who is performing them.

      No matter what spiritual path you've walked or what teachings you've followed, they must lead you back to no path and no teaching.

      A true teaching is like a blazing fire that consumes itself. The teaching must not only consume you, but consume itself as well.

      All must be burned to ash, and then the ash must be burned. Then, and only then, is the Ultimate realized.

      True Enlightenment destroys enlightenment. As long as you can refer back to yourself and say, "I'm enlightened," you're not. Enlightenment is authentic only when there is no one left to be enlightened. Even to say, "I am nobody," is one too many.

      There's a point when you intuitively realize that to be Free you have to give up your attachment to Freedom. You have to quit asking yourself: Is it still there? Am I okay? You have to decide to never look over your shoulder again to see if you're Free or if others know you're free. You just have to let yourself burn there -- no matter what.

      This isn't something I can help you with. I can tell you what you need to do, but you have to do it. In the beginning, teachers can help a lot. But the deeper you go, all they can do is point, and clarify, and tell you what you need to do. Only you can take this step. Nobody can push you into this place.

      - Adyashanti, from: The Impact of Awakening, posted to The_Now2