#4236 - Sunday, May 1, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4236, Sunday, May 1, 2011

      SELF-PITY

      If walking around
      the house at night
      you should happen
      to kick a piece
      of maya hard enough,
      your toenail will
      turn purple & fall off

      There is no situation
      so bad that a little
      self indulgent belief
      that your life is
      harder & sadder
      than everybody else's
      can't make it worse

      - Steve Toth, posted to Distillation

      Ram Tzu knows this -
      You are perfect.
      Your every defect
      is perfectly defined.
      Your every blemish
      is perfectly placed.
      Your every absurd action
      is perfectly timed.

      Only God could make
      Something this ridiculous
      Work.

      - Ram Tzu, from NO WAY for the Spiritually "Advanced"

      When will my shame fall away?
      When will I accept being mocked
      and let my robe of dignity burn up?

      When the wandering pony inside
      comes calm to my hand.

      - Lalla, posted to AlongTheWay

      Rest in natural great peace
      This exhausted mind
      Beaten helpless by karma and neurotic thought,
      Like the relentless fury of the pounding waves
      In the infinite ocean of samsara.
      Rest in natural great peace.

      Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche, posted to Distillation

      The desire to find the self will be surely fulfilled, provided you want nothing else. But you must be honest with yourself and really want nothing else. If in the mean- time you want many other things and are engaged in their pursuit, your main purpose may be delayed until you grow wiser and cease being torn between contradictory urges. Go within, without swerving, without ever looking outward.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      If one bases one's work on the nature which is neither produced nor extinguished, one can cultivate a samadhi which is neither produced nor extinguished. That is a genuine samadhi, one that cannot be moved by outside forces.

      - Huan Hua, from Comentary on the Sarangama Sutra, published by the Buddhist Text Translation Society, posted to DailyDharma