#4225 - Monday, April 18, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2011

      #4225 - Monday, April 18, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "The true nature of consciousness is clarity beyond images.
        The goal of the path of awakened beings is achieved without a path to travel.
        Supreme awakening is realized without having anything to practise."

              -Tilopa

      "Why chase after thoughts, which are superficial ripples of present
      awareness? Rather look directly into the naked, empty nature of thoughts;
      then there is no duality, no observer, and nothing observed. Simply rest in
      this transparent, nondual present awareness. Make yourself at home in the
      natural state of pure presence, just being, not doing anything in particular."

            -Jamgon Kontrul Rinpoche

      by Marie Giguere to Daily Dharma

      God Says Yes To Me

      I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
      and she said yes
      I asked her if it was okay to be short
      and she said it sure is
      I asked her if I could wear nail polish
      or not wear nail polish
      and she said honey
      she calls me that sometimes
      she said you can do just exactly
      what you want to
      Thanks God I said
      And is it even okay if I don't paragraph
      my letters
      Sweetcakes God said
      who knows where she picked that up
      what I'm telling you is
      Yes Yes Yes

      "God Says Yes To Me" by Kaylin Haught, from The Palm of Your Hand

      looking at persimmons--
      someone's parents
      planted seeds

      -Issa, 1810

      "Enlightenment for a wave in the ocean is the moment the wave realises that
      it is water."

      -Thich Nhat Hanh

      by Daily Dharma

      I have been thinking ...
      I have been thinking of the difference between water
      and the waves on it. Rising,
      water's still water, falling back,
      it is water, will you give me a hint
      how to tell them apart?

      Because someone has made up the word
      "wave," do I have to distinguish it
      from water?

      There is a Secret One inside us;
      the planets in all the galaxies
      pass through his hands like beads.

      That is a string of beads one should look at with luminous eyes.

      -Kabir

      by Alan Larus