#4211 - Monday, April 4, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011

      #4211 - Monday, April 4, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Trust that a thread of love
      operates in everything
      and listen deeply
      for this Love…

      Adyashanti

      Hey

      The grass beneath the tree is content
      and silent.

      A squirrel holds an acorn in its praying hands,
      offering thanks, it looks like.

      The nut tastes sweet;
      I bet the prayer spiced it up somehow.

      The broken shell falls on the grass,
      and the grass looks up and says,
      ‘Hey’.
      And the squirrel looks down and says:
      ’Hey’.

      I have been saying ’Hey’ lately too,
      to God.

      Formalities just weren’t
      working.

      by Kia Pierce on Facebook

      I could not lie anymore so
      I started to call my dog “God”.
      First he looked confused,

      then he started smiling,
      then he even
      danced.

      I kept at it: now he doesn’t even bite.

      I am wondering if this
      might work on
      people?

      ~Tukaram

      by Kia Pierce on Facebook

      Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
      As dreams are made on; and our little life
      Is rounded with a sleep.

      "The Tempest"

      And if, my friend, you ask me the way,
      I'll tell you plainly, it is this:
      to turn your face toward the world of life,
      and turn your back on rank and reputation;
      and, spurning outward prosperity, to bend
      your back double in his service;
      to part company with those who deal in words,
      and take your place in the presence of the wordless.

      ~Hakim Sanai ?

      by Sarah Hughes on Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus

      Always speak from the heart, never from the mind.
      Your sincerity and courage will set an example for others too,
      And by listening to you they will be inspired to reveal their own heart.

      This "heart speaking" is a spiritual practice.
      It means you must only tell the truth and live within your own boundaries and dimensions
      Without ever bragging about things you won't ever be able to live up to or deliver to others.

      Heart speaking will bring you a gift whenever you practice it.
      You will always be right.
      The heart knows but cannot tell; the mind doesn't know but can tell.

      Stretch yourself to speak from the heart and bypass the mind.
      You will see miracles boomerang back into your life.

      ~Rumi
      Mathnawi I, 2682

      by Belle Heywood on Facebook

      "When I write a poem, I don't know quite what it means. If I think I
      know what it means, I've got a bad poem. I want a poem to be beyond me.
      I want it to be something that transfers a feeling I don't quite
      understand the limits of."

      ~Louis Simpson