Tuesday, July 25

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2000
      MELODY ANDERSON

      This reminds me of something a friend used to say years
      ago:

      "Fighting for God is like fucking for chastity."

      He used to say it to show that fighting for one's spiritual
      beliefs was 'wrong'.

      And I would say: aaah, let them get it out of their system.
      :-)

      *****

      Life sure is somethin' !

      And nothing at all.

      Here's to It.

      MICHAEL READ

      SEEKER BEWARE

      What do you seek
      Oh lonely one?
      Only Truth
      I replied.

      Ah, I thought you loved only ME;
      I see it is Truth that you love instead.

      I'm sorry, but what can I do?
      I must know the Answer
      So please, please, please show me
      I am ready
      I beg You
      Why, oh why, oh why is there anything at all?

      Oh, Child you are not ready,
      But you are ready enough!
      Knowing that you will be destroyed,
      You are ready enough.

      See, It is THIS!

      Ahhhhhhhhhhum!

      *****

      I hold no beliefs. Have you lived this lifetime? I used to
      think that I had a life until Grace burned me up. Now I am
      enveloped in life. I did not know who I was until Grace
      consumed me. There is not really a creature called Michael
      Read. Only an abiding Presence.

      *****

      GLORIA LEE

      Ahhhhh, if you could but once see those eyes.... Of all the
      people met at the retreat, Michael was the one surprised me
      the most, the one least like what I expected from his
      posts. Perhaps he laughs most quietly to himself, but
      ridicule is not in that laughter. There is no teensy even
      hint of smug superiority, no judgement "against" others.
      His eyes have a clear, steady gaze...infinity like the
      sky... he looks kindly on our efforts and failures too..he
      knows Grace is all.

      Perhaps once again..email is a medium that cannot convey
      essence quite so easily as presence.

      DAN BERKOW

      I am zero.
      Therefore, I
      am where something
      becomes nothing,
      and nothing becomes
      something, yet
      I am not something
      or nothing.

      Without me, there is
      neither nothing or
      something.

      Being zero,
      I have no identity,
      yet am always who I am.

      The universe arises from me,
      yet I possess nothing.

      I have no function, yet
      without me is nothing done.

      Zero =

      Infinity.

      1=0, 2=0, etc.

      Exactly where something becomes
      nothing, and nothing becomes
      something, there is no
      controversy, nothing to
      see, just infinity.

      *****

      theories in physics can be intriguing, including things
      like discrete parallel universes, the effect of the future
      on the present, the nonseparation of apparent particles,
      and that black holes in one universe are white holes in
      another.

      First hand we know this: Energy is streaming constantly.
      There is constant "going in and coming out," or "going out
      and coming in", whether you name this "black holes and
      white holes ("wholes" ;-)) or whatever. All of this form
      "sitting on" infinite flux. We construct a seemingly stable
      reality that isn't. We formulate a body that lives and
      dies, a sense of time involving memory and projection, and
      language that uses definitions provided by thought and
      society. Meanwhile, the quantum foam is bubbling all around
      and through.

      To say this is "undefinable" falsely implies that the
      construct "definability" has a meaning ;-)

      We are the Cheshire Cat.

      JERRY

      Rajneesh/Osho says prayer "is a communion between you and
      the whole." And he says that "prayer is still a meeting so
      ultimately it also has to be transcended." ... "This
      requires the subtlest awareness possible. If you can be
      aware of the meeting between you and whole, then you
      transcend yourself and the whole, both. Then you are the
      whole. And in this whole, there is no duality..."

      You, Rajneesh, and Nisargadatta seem to be on the same
      track.

      At the risk of mixing levels of discussion, here's a little
      story regarding prayer, I've come across a naturally
      nondual woman. She is a schizophrenic functioning fairly
      well on her own with medication, and she is naturally a
      selfless person. When she revealed that she prays for the
      well-being of her friends and loved ones every night, she
      was asked whether she prays for herself. She looked
      surprised, and responded as though she had never thought of
      the concept and embarrasingly said, "No, I never thought of
      that." She replied not as someone who came to the
      realization that there is no one to pray for, but as
      someone who naturally never thought there was any self to
      pray for. She was startled at the suggestion. This is a
      woman who is always delightful, smiling, laughing and a
      giver of energy.

      MARK OTTER

      Every night, just after laying my head on the pillow, I
      pray a short prayer, which often goes like this: "Thank you
      Lord, for letting me be alive today. May all beings come
      home to You in love, joy and peace." I think that this
      prayer is slowly changing and will do so consciously now
      thanks to your illumination. Pema Chodron talks about ego
      as a room that is just right, just the right temperature,
      just the right smells, just the right music, just the way
      you like it, but it would be hard to find a room mate who
      likes it as much as you do, and you spend more and more
      time in there, so that if you could have food and clothing
      and everything else delivered, you would, but you can't so
      you go outside now and then to get food, but it's maybe a
      bit jarring to be outside, so when you get back to your
      room, perhaps you make sure the windows are shut and even
      stuff towels under the door to keep those odors away, and
      this makes you lonely and after awhile you realize how
      badly you are suffering and you begin to look for ways to
      ease this suffering, so maybe you crack the window just a
      bit to let in a fresh breeze, and she concludes by
      suggesting that as you see the importance of this
      reconnection to the world, that you eventually open the
      doors wide open and invite all sentient beings inside. I
      think this is happening to my prayer. So, it may eventually
      become not a request to an all knowing, kind God, but a
      statement of my own personal intent. " Thank you, Mark for
      being alive today. May all beings come home in love, joy
      and peace." Opening that door to all sentient beings is the
      union we desire. We control the door. We must welcome We
      in. I think that is prayer. What happens after all sentient
      beings have come inside? PARTY!!!!!! (with ponies if you
      like, and proud free stallions as well. Everything and
      everybody) (When all sentient beings come in, before the
      PARTY, group hug.)

      HARSHA AND XAN

      The following dialogue took place last year. Thought I
      should post it again.

      Love to all

      Harsha

      Xan: Everything here is relationship. That's what duality
      means. "Relationship" has come to connotate the
      intimate-man-woman-thing. If you decided to reject and
      refuse relationships then you would stop eating food,
      enjoying the view or even breathing air.

      Harsha: Well stated. But there is no need to limit the
      notion of "relationships" only to external perceptions such
      as men, women, food, things, views, etc. Relationships
      exist also in states where the perceptions are "internal"
      (such as sleep or even Savikalpa Samadhis). The foundation
      of all relationships is built on perceptions whether they
      are external (men, women, animals, things, etc.) or
      internal (dreaming about men, women, animal, things, etc,.
      or having various kinds of visions in the superconscious
      states of angels, heavenly objects, celestial regions,
      etc.). It makes no difference whether the perceptions are
      external or internal, the perceiver is in relationship with
      the perceptions. Duality ends when the Perceiver and
      Perceived (Seer and the Seen) merge. Mystics like Kabir and
      Jnaneshwar have written beautiful poetry to describe this
      "Unity."

      Xan: Would you consider that the phenomenon of relationship
      is not hell but opposition is? When there is consciousness
      in wholeness what is there to oppose? If I am opposing
      anything I short-out my experience of wholeness.

      Harsha: Why can't one oppose a relationship and maintain
      Wholeness. Sometimes, it is wise to walk away from a
      relationship with a situation or a person. Let us say
      someone who knows Karate is feeling angry with Ted. It
      would be wise for Ted to make a run for it while
      maintaining perfect wholeness and integrity.

      XAN

      What's funny is the tragedy of taking ourselves seriously
      ... and each other. I mean, who cares about our pet peeves
      and dramas? Seriously. Who is it that cares? Not negating
      compassion, of course, but I've never noticed Eternity
      getting bothered by any of our nonsense.

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com