#4200 - Thursday, March 24, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2011

      #4200 - Thursday, March 24, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "God writes a lot of comedy… the trouble is, he’s stuck with so many bad
      actors who don’t know how to play funny." ~Garrison Keillor

      For anyone keeping score... (Really, I was just looking for a book.)

      The 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People

      Have you seen the Scoreboard, ranking what we approximate
      to be the top 50 Enlightenment-related websites by traffic rank
      according to Alexa?

      "And the deepest level of communication is not
      communication, but communion. It is wordless. It is beyond
      words, and it is beyond speech, and it is beyond concept. Not
      that we discover a new unity. We discover an older unity. My
      dear brothers, we are already one. But we imagine that we are
      not. And what we have to recover is our original unity. What we
      have to be is what we are."
      ~ The Asian Journal of Thomas Merton

      "Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future.
      Rather, it is a deepening of the present, and unless you look
      for it in the present you will never find it."
      ~Thomas Merton

      "Real love is it's own benediction. Real Love does not seek for
      anything outside of itself. Real love lives only in silence. It does
      not live in thought because thought is always comparing and
      when you are comparing you are not loving."
      ~ Joel Kramer
      The Passionate Mind

      "The question of what are the only foundations of true security
      shows up the difference between the real and the bogus
      mystic at once."
      ~ Dom Hubert Van Zeller
      posted by Bill Lindley to Facebook

      The heart belongs to the unknown. The step into the unknown
      is all about Trust. Trust is all about how much we Love what we
      Trust. If we Trust in Love itself; get lost in it; we become it.
      Once we realize that we are Love itself, all the wisdom we
      have learned, indeed, all the Wisdom of the ages unfolds in an
      instant, the key being found.
      ~ Bill Lindley

      Beech Leaf Bud, Just Beginning To Open, Far Away Point, Maryland
      by Peter Shefler

      "If you do stay present with what you see when you look at
      yourself again and again, you begin to develop a deeper
      friendship with yourself.

      It's a complete friendship, because you are not leaving out
      the parts that are painful to be with. It's the same way you
      would develop a complete friendship with another person.

      You include all that they are. When you develop this complete
      friendship with yourself, the parts you're embarrassed
      about, as well as the parts you're proud of, manifest
      as genuineness.

      A genuine person is a person who is not hiding anything, who
      is not conning themselves. A genuine person doesn't put
      up masks and shields."

      ~ Pema Chodron

      From the website Shambhala Sun
      posted to Daily Dharma by anipachen