#4197 - Monday, March 21, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2011

      #4197 - Monday, March 21, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Concentrate on the Essence, concentrate on the Light.
      In lucid bliss, calmly smoking off its own holy fire,
      The Light streams towards you from all things,
      All people, all possible permutations of good, evil, thought, Passion.
      The lamps are different,
      but the Light is the same.
      One matter, one energy, one Light, one Light-mind,
      Endlessly emanating all things.
      One turning and burning diamond,
      One, one, one.
      Ground yourself, strip yourself down,
      To blind loving silence.
      Stay there, until you see
      You are gazing at the Light
      With its own Ageless eyes.
      ~ Rumi

      posted by Kia Pierce to Facebook

      The Infinitesimal Infinite

      Out of a still immensity we came.
      These million universes were to it
      The poor light-bubbles of a trivial game,
      A fragile glimmer in the Infinite.

      ...It could not find its soul in all that Vast:
      It drew itself into a little speck
      Infinitesimal, ignobly cast

      Out of earth’s mud and slime strangely awake,
      A tiny plasm upon a casual globe
      In the small system of a dwarflike sun,

      A little life wearing flesh for robe,
      A little mind winged through wide space to run.

      It lived, it knew, it saw its self sublime,
      Deathless, outmeasuring Space, outlasting Time

      ~Aurobindo

      http://www.ferryfee.com/Bluesky/The_Infinitesimal_Infinite.html

      Thanks to Alan Larus

      There is in all visible things an invisible fecundity,
      a dimmed light,
      a meek namelessness,
      a hidden wholeness.

      This mysterious unity and integrity is Wisdom,
      the Mother of all, Natura naturans.
      There is in all things an inexhaustible sweetness and purity,
      a silence that is a fount of action and joy.

      It rises up in word-
      less gentleness and flows out to me from the unseen
      roots of all created being, welcoming me tenderly,
      saluting me with indescribable humility.

      This is at once my own being,
      my own nature, and the Gift
      of my Creator's Thought and Art within me, speaking
      as Hagia Sophia,
      speaking as my sister, Wisdom.

      I am awakened, I am born again at the voice of this,
      my Sister,
      sent to me from the depths of
      the divine fecundity . . . .

      Sophia is the mercy of God in us. She is the tenderness
      with which the infinitely mysterious power of pardon
      turns the darkness of our sins into the light of grace. . . . .

      The shadows fall.
      The stars appear.
      The birds begin to sleep.

      Night embraces the silent half of the earth.

      A vagrant, a destitute
      wanderer with dusty feet, finds his way down
      a new road. A homeless
      God, lost in the night, without
      papers, without
      identifications, without even a num-
      ber, a frail expendable
      exile
      lies down in desolation under the sweet stars of the world and entrusts
      Himself to sleep.

      --Thomas Merton, from "Hagia Sophia," 1963. Line length altered

      "Really rare awakening movie now available in English."

      La Belle Verte or The Green Beautiful / Visit To A Green Planet as it's
      alternatively known in English is a brilliant movie written and directed by
      Coline Serreau released in 1996.

      La Belle Verte is a philosophical, anti-conformist, ecological, feminist,
      humanist and pacifist fable filled with humour.

      Somewhere in the universe, there exists a planet where the inhabitants have
      evolved and live their lives in perfect harmony with nature.

      From time to time, some of them leave to visit other planets.

      Curiously, in 200 years, no one has ever wanted to visit the planet Earth.
      One day, for personal reasons, a woman volunteers to do just that. Thus
      begin her adventures here with us earthlings … as she uses her special gifts
      things start to straighten out in an unusually funny way :)

      Thanks to Susan Lucey