#4195 - Saturday, March 19, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4195, Saturday, March 19, 2011

      Away with the Me! Me, Be Gone!

      When I'm present, everything is a ghost.
      When the I disappears, that ghost becomes all,
      and its solidity takes my breath away.
      And when the I appears again, miracle of miracles,
      it reappears as the whole. What this whole is,
      I don't know. It's both empty and full, dark and
      effulgent, completely empty, and as solid as
      a rock.

      - Pete, posted to NondualitySalon

      DOVEGLION

      he isn't looking at anything
      he isn't looking for something
      he isn't looking
      he is seeing

      what

      not something outside himself
      not anything inside himself
      but himself

      himself how

      not as some anyone
      not as any someone

      only as a no one (who is everyone)

      - e e cummings, posted to The_Now2

      Everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.

      - Leo Tolstoy, posted to Distillation

      Love is a tremendous caring that arises in the wake of transcending the personal self.

      In the wake of this transcendence, something amazing arises. A deep love and caring arises from within emptiness, from nowhere.

      This love and caring seeks only the Truth in every moment and in all circumstances.

      True love is something far greater than anything that could be called personal. True love is a non-personal miracle. It is the nature of reality itself. It is the natural and spontaneous expression of the undivided Self.

      ```

      True love is not something that can be created. A love greater than oneself, by its very nature, is something that we can't manufacture. The me cannot manufacture it, even if it wants to. This Love arises from the Self -- from realization of the Self.

      Listen and feel into the intuition of oneness within. The feeling of oneness is love; the experience of oneness is realization of your true nature. Love only seems other than you or bigger than you when you are trapped in the perspective of a personal me.

      This non-personal love actually is you because you, as you truly are, have never been that which is personal. In one sense, it's simply a matter of how deep enlightenment has gone, how thorough it is.

      ```

      We can't really love the whole until we have a deep realization that we are the whole. Otherwise, the vastness of that love is always going to be experienced as a threat to the me.

      Love cares not for the me, it cares only for that which is true, undivided, and whole.

      When the me dissolves, when it surrenders itself to a unity far greater than anything the mind can comprehend, that is Love.

      - Adyashanti, from The Impact of Awakening, posted to The_Now2

      You have a purpose only as long as you are not complete; until then completeness, perfection, is the purpose. But when you are complete in yourself, fully integrated within and without, then you enjoy the universe; you do not labor at it.

      Like This

      If someone asks,
      "What does perfect beauty look like?"
      Show him your own face and say,
      Like this.

      If someone asks,
      "What does an angel's wing look like?" - smile.
      If he asks about divine fragrance
      Pull him close, his face in your hair,
      Like this.

      If someone asks,
      "How did Jesus bring the dead back to life?" -
      Don't say a word -
      just kiss him softly on the cheek,
      Like this.

      If someone asks,
      "How does it feel to be slain by love?"
      Close your eyes and tear open your shirt,
      Like this.

      If someone asks about my stature,
      Stare into space with your eyes wide open,
      Like this.

      The soul enters one body, then another.
      If someone argues about this
      Enter my house and wave him good-bye,
      Like this.

      I am the storehouse of all pleasure,
      I am the pain of self-denial.
      To see me, lower your eyes to the ground
      Then raise them up to heaven,
      Like this.

      Only the gentle breeze
      Knows the secret of union.
      Listen as it whispers a song to every heart,
      Like this.

      If someone asks,
      How does a servant attain the glory of God?
      Become the shining candle
      That every eye can see,
      Like this.

      I asked about Joseph's perfume
      Which rode the wind from city to c
      ity - It was your scent
      Blowing in from God's perfect world,
      Like this.

      I asked how Joseph's perfume
      Gave sight to the blind -
      It was your breeze
      Clearing the darkness from my eyes,
      Like this.

      Perhaps Shams will be generous
      And fill our hearts with love.
      Perhaps he will raise one eyebrow
      And cast us a glance,
      Like this.

      - Rumi,Ghazal (Ode) 1826, from the Diwan-e Shams, version by Jonathan Star, from Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to Sunlight