#4188 - Saturday, March 12, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4188, Saturday, March 12, 2011

      XXIV

      I saw a great light come down over London,
      And buildings and cars and people were still
      They were held wherever they were under the sky's
      Clear humming radiance as it descended -
      Everywhere, in shops, behind desks and on trains
      Everything stopped as the stillness came down
      And touched the crown of our heads
      As our eyes closed, and the sky filled us
      And our minds became the sky -
      And everyone, regardless of crime class or creed
      Was touched; as slowly we began to stir
      Out of this penetrated light-filled sleep
      Dizzily as the hand completed its dialling,
      And the train lurched forward
      And I saw faces looking at one another questioning,
      I saw people meeting eye to eye and standing
      Half amazed by each other's presence
      I saw their mouths silently shaping the word why
      Why didn't we know this? and yet knowing
      They already knew, and without words
      We all stood searching for the gesture
      That would say it -
      As the lights went green, and we drove on.

      - Jay Ramsay, posted to The_Now2

      Life is, by nature, constant flow and interaction of numberless elements. Nothing ever stays the same, even from one moment to the next. Everything is on its way to becoming something else, and therefore, nothing can be held onto. If you see this clearly, if you consider and examine this deeply and fully, then letting go is the only thing left to do. How can you hold on? What is there to hold onto?

      So the art of spiritual surrender is really the art of not knowing. Then it doesn't make any difference at all whether you are walking down the street or eating lunch or responding to your email or making love or sitting alone on your couch. This is the first and last time you will ever be doing this. If you truly understand that, it changes everything.

      - Scott Morrison, posted to DailyDharma

      One of the signs of God-realization is joy. There is absolutely no hesitancy in such a person, who is like an ocean in joyous waves. But deep beneath the surface, there is profound silence and peace.

      - Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, from Great Swan: Meetings with Ramakrishna, by Lex Hixon, posted to AlongTheWay

      You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.

      Indira Gandhi, posted to Distillation

      Both Worlds

      There is God's wine, and this
      other. Don't mix them. There

      are naked pilgrims who wear only
      sunlight. Don't give them clothes!

      There are lovers content with
      hoping. I'm not one of them.

      Give a cup of pure fire to your
      closest friend, healing salve

      to the wounded. To Shams-i
      Tabriz, offer up both worlds.

      - Rumi, Ghazal 917, version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin, from The Glance, posted to Sunlight

      In the End: The Beginning

      There is something in the end there is no avoiding
      That is more present than breath, than self, than distraction
      More present than this moment? Yes, even that -

      Even than all those birds perched high in the Tree of Heaven
      That broke into all your wondering - even than
      That huge exotic shrine at the centre of your heart,
      Your voice, your whole face turned inward...
      Or mine now - as I cut it back, back
      From my thoughts: to my being; then my breath
      And then, not even that

      And across the gulf of silence from before
      Names, images - before whiteness was even born -
      And now, at the heart of emptiness
      Where there is no I, nor breathing even
      Or only this suspended pause

      `There is only Love that made us, only Love'
      And you in the vast silence like an ocean without water,
      Like rain before rain -
      like an unbroken mirror
      You in the Womb of Love.

      - Jay Ramsay, posted to The_Now2