#4177 - Sunday, February 27, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4177, Sunday, February 27, 2011

      Nothing of value can happen to a mind, which knows exactly what it wants.

      Thought is absent in seeing things intuitively. When you perceive directly, there is no thinking. When you think you understand, you don't. You do not think that you are alive, you know that you are alive.

      Good morning, darlin's!

      A fine young woman came to me last night to inquire about whether she should quit her job or not.. the one she presently had provided security .. but she was bored.. and full of fear what the unknown might hold.... so she asked me, "Old Hag, what should i do?" (well ok, she did not call me old hag)

      Reminded me of long-ago tale: "The Three Answers":

      "One evening, Neem Karoli Baba came to call. He gave me one of his famous bear hugs....ummmm, so delicious! Was all snuggled up in his arms, but knew i had only a few moments with him, so quickly began to ask some questions. Was considering moving to California, so asked him, "Where should i go?" And he said, "Go anywhere!"

      Was thinking of leaving where i was working, so rushed on, "Well, what should i do? Quit my job? " And he answered, "Do nothing!"

      Thought i would get some advice about my love life, so quickly asked, "Who should i love, Rob or Fred?" And he said, "Love Everybody!"

      So i call this, The Three Answers:

      "Go Anywhere!
      Do Nothing!'
      Love Everybody!"

      egads! that was over thirty years ago!
      and what has old hag learned?
      nothing!

      celebrate with me darlin's...
      finally, finally, i know nothing!
      there is nothing to "do".. ever..
      the world arises... the world
      falls back..there is just nothin'
      going on except what our attention
      creates.

      that dear girl who came last night ... has nothing to fear...
      what job she holds means nothing 'cept fodder for
      angst... oh, oh what should i "do"? The sustenance
      of our egos....

      Whether you go with this partner or that...
      egad! who were Rob and Fred anyway?
      ,^)) nothing matters...

      a few weeks ago, a beautiful being came
      to see old hag once again..
      this time in form of one who said two words
      before he passed away.. .
      that shored up three answer theme
      for all these years...

      which i have shared with you ...
      and which cries as the answer to all our "problems"

      Devotee is crying at his bedside, and he touches
      the devotee's head and says:
      "Nothing happens."

      Thank you dear old man, thank you dear young ones who
      come with why's and wherefore's that bring back
      such wonderful memories of times with young hag...

      had questions...

      And what should "you" do today, darlin?
      Snip!
      cut that load on your back! tumble, tumble...
      now, go out and bake cookies, make snow angels...
      move to Tunisia - wait! they have problems there! ,^))
      Cause you know, really know, that nothing is happening!

      i love you.

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      Let your actions be like clouds going by; the clouds going by are mindless. Let your stillness be as the valley spirit; the valley spirit is undying. When action accompanies stillness and stillness combines with action, then the duality of action and stillness no longer arises.

      - Pei-chien, posted to Distillation

      Spiritual maturity lies in the readiness to let go of everything. The giving up is the final step. But the real giving up is in realising that there is nothing to give up, for nothing is your own. It is like deep sleep - you do not give up your bed when you fall asleep - you just forget it.

      Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to Distillation

      Playfully, you hid from me.
      All day I looked.

      Then I discovered
      I was you,