#4176 - Saturday, February 26, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4176, Saturday, February 26, 2011

      Nothing in life is to be feared,
      it is only to be understood.
      Now is the time to understand more,
      so that we may fear less.

      - Maria Sklodowska-Curie, posted to The_Now2

      What begins must end. What appears must disappear. The duration of appearance is a matter of relativity, but the inviolable principle is that whatever is subject to time and duration must end and is therefore not Real.

      Ascetics wander shrine to shine,
      looking for what can only come
      from visiting the soul.

      Study the mystery you embody.
      When you look up from that,
      the dub grass looks fresher
      a little ways off, and even more
      green farther on. Stay here.

      - Lalla, posted to Distillation

      By its very nature, the mind is outward turned; it always tends to seek for the source of things among the things themselves; to be told to look for the source within, is, in a way, the beginning of a new life. Awareness takes the place of consciousness; in consciousness there is the "I", who is conscious, while awareness is undivided; awareness is aware of itself. The "I am" is a thought, while awareness is not a thought; there is no "I am aware" in awareness. Consciousness is an attribute while awareness is not; one can be aware of being conscious, but not conscious of awareness. God is the totality of consciousness, but awareness is beyond all - being as well as not-being.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to SufiMystic

      Surrender is to surrender your concept of separateness, your ego. Surrender is to submit your stupidness, your wickedness, to the will of Existence. That's all. You must surrender like a river discharging into the Ocean. Surrender is to discharge your river of separateness into the Ocean of Being, losing your limitations, and allowing to happen what happens.

      - Papaji, posted to Distillation

      In the physical world, you are here and everything else is without you. You are contained in space. In the dream, all that you see is contained within you.

      From The Teachings Of Hazrat Inayat Khan, selected and arranged by Hazrat Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, posted to SufiMystic

      When you are free of the world, you can do something about it.

      CRACK DOWN

      You knelt in the street
      unbuttoned your shirts
      & invited them to shoot to kill

      When I heard the recording
      of the machine gun fire
      I burst into tears & left the room

      Let that be my prayer
      for all the names I don't know
      Nothing can stop you after this

      Tyrants are a dying breed
      Nothing can keep them in power now
      Life itself is cracking down

      A transfer of energy is taking place
      You've awakened the instinct for freedom
      The fire you've started will burn forever

      - Steve Toth, posted to allspirit