#4175 - Friday, February 25, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2011

      #4175 - Friday, February 25, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Psalm 121

      I look deep into my heart,
      to the core where wisdom arises.
      Wisdom comes from the Unnamable
      ...and unifies heaven and earth.
      The Unnamable is always with you,
      shining from the depths of your heart.

      ~ (A Book of Psalms, trans. and adapted by Stephen Mitchell)

      posted by Belle Heywood to Facebook

      Playfully, you hid from me.
      All day I looked.

      Then I discovered
      I was you,

      and the celebration
      of That began.

                   - Lalla
                             14th Century North Indian mystic

      posted to Along The way

      Do realize that it is not you who moves from dream to dream, but the dreams
      flow before you, and you are the immutable witness. No happening affects your
      real being - that is the absolute truth.
      ~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "The sensations in the mind that we explain at such length are on the level of
      labels. Only when there is awareness right at awareness will you really know
      that the mind that's aware of awareness doesn't send its knowing outside this
      awareness. There are no issues. Nothing can be concocted in the mind when it
      knows in this way."
      ~Upasika Kee Nanayon

      From the book: "Pure and Simple," published by Wisdom Books.
      posted to Daily Dharma by Dainen Kelley

      THE VINTAGE MAN

      The
      Difference
      Between a good artist
      And a great one

      Is:

      The novice
      Will often lay down his tool
      Or brush

      Then pick up an invisible club
      On the mind's table

      And helplessly smash the easels and
      Jade.

      Whereas the vintage man
      No longer hurts himself or anyone

      And keeps on
      Sculpting

      Light.

                 - Hafiz

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "The Gift"
      Translations by Daniel Ladinsky
      posted to Along The way

      “In the heart of a human being,
      emptiness becomes love.
      When we touch that Source,
      instantly the love is present.
      Literally, the divine becomes human
      and the human becomes divine.”
      ~ Adyashanti

      In this essential satsang, Adyashanti explores two fundamentally different
      motivations that human beings bring to spirituality. He first shows how the
      psychological desire to feel better and be constantly happy only leads to
      persistent suffering. He then reveals how the existential drive to see what's
      really true regardless of our emotional state can free us to discover the
      simplicity and happiness of what we already are.

      For more information about Adyashanti and his teachings, events, and publications, visit www.adyashanti.org.