#4169 - Saturday, February 19, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4169, Saturday, February 19, 2011

      Why We Don't Die

      In late September many voices
      Tell you you will die.
      That leaf says it. That coolness.
      All of them are right.

      Our many souls - what
      Can they do about it?
      Nothing. They're already
      Part of the invisible.

      Our souls have been
      Longing to go home
      Anyway. "It's late," they say.
      "Lock the door, let's go."

      The body doesn't agree. It says,
      "We buried a little iron
      Ball under that tree.
      Let's go get it."

      - Robert Bly, from Morning Poems, posted to allspirit

      Freedom means letting go. People just do not care to let go of everything. They do not know that the finite is the price of the infinite, as death is the price of immortality. Spiritual maturity lies in the readiness to let go of everything. The giving up is the final step. But the real giving up is in realizing that there is nothing to give up, for nothing is your own. It is like deep sleep - you do not give up your bed when you fall asleep - you just forget it.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Surrender is to surrender your concept of separateness, your ego. Surrender is to submit your stupidness, your wickedness, to the will of Existence. That's all. You must surrender like a river discharging into the Ocean. Surrender is to discharge your river of separateness into the Ocean of Being, losing your limitations, and allowing to happen what happens.

      - Papaji, posted to AlongTheWay

      In reality only the Ultimate is. The rest is a matter of name and form. And as long as you cling to the idea that only what has name and shape exists, the Supreme will appear to you non-existing. When you understand that names and shapes are hollow shells without any content whatsoever, and what is real is nameless and formless, pure energy of life and light of consciousness, you will be at peace - immersed in the deep silence of reality.

      The true understanding comes from outside. It is not of the space-time dimension. Therefore, we can only call it Grace. Keeping your being open and receptive to that other dimension is a matter of Grace.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, posted to Distillation

      Iblis asked, "Can you tell a lie from the truth,
      you who are filled with illusion?"
      Mu`awiyah answered, "The Prophet has given a clue,
      a touchstone to know
      the base coin from the true.
      He has said, "That which is false troubles the heart,
      but Truth brings joyous tranquility."

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II: 2732-2734, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Daylight, posted to Sunlight

      The creative force produces the universe.
      When I surrender, I enjoy the playing of the game.

      Isn't it wonderful...
      when you surrender yourself
      to the workings of the universe?

      I love the idea of being grounded
      in the space in which I have my being.

      Try as I may I can't escape
      the universal power
      that has brought me into being.

      Why should I want to, and how impossible it is.

      - John, posted to The_Now2