#4164 - Monday, February 14, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011

      #4164 - Monday, February 14, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      I unpetalled you, like a rose,
      to see your soul,
      and I didn't see it.

      But everything around
      --horizons of lands and of seas--
      everything, out to the infinite,
      was filled with a fragrance,
      enormous and alive.

      ~ Juan Ramon Jimenez, translated by Stephen Mitchell

      posted by Kia Pierce to Facebook

      My soul is naked.
      It wears the transparent garment of love.
      ~Rumi

      Isn’t it the secret intent of this taciturn earth,
      when it forces lovers together, that inside
      their boundless emotion all things may
      shudder with joy?
      ~ R.M. Rilke

      posted by Enea Bozeglav to Facebook

      "If you want connection, it's because you are connection.
      Be what you want, and then it happens all around you.
      If you want love, be it.
      You'll have more love than you know what to do with.
      Whatever you are inside, you receive a thousandfold on the outside."

      ~ Adyashanti

      "The minute I heard my first love story,
      I started looking for you, not knowing
      how blind that was.
      Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
      they're in each other all along."
      ~Rumi

      The Ball

      As long as nothing can be known for sure
      (no signals have been picked up yet),
      as long as Earth is still unlike
      the nearer and more distant planets,

      as long as there's neither hide nor hair
      of other grasses graced by other winds,
      of other treetops bearing other crowns,
      other animals as well-grounded as our own,

      as long as only the local echo
      has been known to speak in syllables,

      as long as we still haven't heard word
      of better or worse mozarts,
      platos, edisons somewhere,

      as long as our inhuman crimes
      are still committed only between humans,

      as long as our kindness
      is still incomparable,
      peerless even in its imperfection,

      as long as our heads packed with illusions
      still pass for the only heads so packed,

      as long as the roofs of our mouths alone
      still raise voices to high heavens--

      let's act like very special guests of honor
      at the district-firemen's ball
      dance to the beat of the local oompah band,
      and pretend that it's the ball
      to end all balls.

      I can't speak for others--
      for me this is
      misery and happiness enough:

      just this sleepy backwater
      where even the stars have time to burn
      while winking at us
      unintentionally.

      ~ Wislawa Szymborska ~

      (View with a Grain of Sand, translated by S. Baranczak and C. Cavanagh)