#4163 - Sunday, February 13, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4163, Sunday, February 13, 2011

      Commonsense too will tell you that to fulfill a desire you must keep your mind on it. If you want to know your true nature, you must have yourself in mind all the time, until the secret of your being stands revealed.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Awareness becomes consciousness when it has an object. The object changes all the time. In consciousness there is movement; awareness by itself is motionless and timeless, here and now.

      Learn to watch both your experience and your reactions to your experience. This process of observant attention and witnessing will enable you to see that your fundamental and essential sense of identity exists as an unchanging point of Awareness within the heart of all changing conditions and circumstance.

      This Awareness is grounded in the present moment and never exists outside of Now. It is always accessible and never exists somewhere other than Here. It is the immediate and undeniable Center of who you imagine yourself to be.

      Reside in this Center, and realize that the essence of this Awareness is not separate from That which manifests before, around and within you.

      - Metta Zetty

      A human being has so many skins inside, covering the depths of the heart. We know so many things, but we don't know ourselves! Why, thirty or forty skins or hides, as thick and hard as an ox's or bear's, cover the soul. Go into your own ground and learn to know yourself there.

      - Meister Eckhart

      We can thank these hard-working, seldom-resting, always on alert, over-taxed minds, we can thank them for their hard work on our behalf and kiss their little heads and say, "Nice try sweetheart, trying to stand in for the All, nice try, boy did you really do an amazing job considering. Now let me take the remote away from you sweetheart.

      - Jeannie Zandi

      Holiness is falling in love with your own self.
      This is devotion, and it is not different from love!
      What you love you are devoted to and
      what you are devoted to you love.

      When this love has no object, and goes nowhere
      but to itself, it will reveal itself to you in whatever
      form you desire; manifest or unmanifest.

      If you desire this love don't try to love a particular
      person because this love has no personality, no
      form, and no name. God is this love.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay