#4157 - Monday, February 7, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2011
      #4157 - Monday, February 7, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "EMILY: "Does anyone ever realize life while they live it...every, every
      minute?"
      STAGE MANAGER: "No. Saints and poets maybe...they do some."
      — Thornton Wilder (Our Town)

      Life is precious
      by Christine Wushke on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 on Facebook

      Several years ago I was going through a really tough time. During this period
      of difficulty, I had a dream that I will never forget.

      I remember going to bed feeling hopeless and drained one night, and falling
      asleep in a state of despair and exhaustion.

      I had a dream that I was dead. In the dream there was someone beside me
      that I couldn’t see, but I could hear a voice and feel a loving presence. I
      remember feeling really sad and full of remorse that I had died, and wishing
      that I could go back to earth, if even for just two minutes.

      The voice beside me offered to fulfill my wish, and sent me back for two
      minutes. In a blink I was dropped back down to earth in my familiar body,
      but surrounded by totally different circumstances. In this new scenario I
      had just found out that the love of my life was having an affair with another
      woman and I was feeling heartbroken and alone.

      Elated with being back, I didn’t even care about the ‘scene’ going on around
      me, I felt relieved and grateful just to be back. Knowing my two minutes
      would be up soon I soaked in every precious second of heartbreak, sorrow,
      betrayal and loss.

      After getting pulled out of this scene and back to the ‘dead’ state, I asked
      again if I could please please be allowed to go back for just two minutes
      more. The voice agreed and I was allowed to go back.

      This time I was dropped into yet another totally different scenario. In this
      scene I was happily married but we were going bankrupt and losing
      everything. Knowing that the two minutes were very fleeting, I soaked in
      every second of financial distress, worry and uncertainty.

      Once more I was pulled out, floating in deadness with the loving voice. Again
      I asked to go back, and again I was given that wish.

      This time I became aware of an interesting time distortion, in the scene
      around me everything was falling apart, I was feeling the impossibility of
      'holding it together'. Knowing the two minutes would end soon I drank in
      'falling apart' and the feeling of losing control. I noticed that what felt to me
      like two minutes was different than the time line playing out in the scene
      around me. Hours were racing by in the situation around me, while my two
      minutes were very slowly ticking by.

      At some point I became aware that I was dreaming and a very lucid thought,
      'OK you have made your point' shattered the dream. I found myself lying in
      bed starting at the ceiling. For a few minutes I drank in the sensation of
      being alive, really alive. I drank in what it means to be human, and the
      sweetness of all the things we experience here. Something about this dream
      had given me a glimpse of just how rare and precious it is to be human.

      The memory of the dream has faded somewhat over the years, but the feeling
      of life being fleeting and precious has never really left. I am often reminded
      of this dream during times of overwhelm or strong emotional responses to
      situations. I am often reminded to take the time and drink in sorrow,
      overwhelm, or heartbreak; knowing that the whole thing is so very fleeting.
      Our humanity is truly a gift to be cherished.

      He who binds to himself a joy
      Does the winged life destroy.
      But he who kisses the joy as it flies
      Lives in eternity's sun rise.

      ~William Blake

      There is no way into presence

      except through a Love exchange.

      If someone asks,

      "But what is Love ? "

      answer, "Dissolving the will."

      ~Rumi

      Belle Heywood on Facebook

      Meher Baba has said, "If you can't love, at least give in"....!!!

      When we Love God, the Absolute, or another, and we know that we and God,
      or another are "mind stuff"; simply "non-existent" nouns, then we realize we
      ARE the verb of Love that appears to be between the two. The Love is all
      that exists. No Me, No God, just the Love. Love in action is everything.
      ~The Bhakti of Nisargadatta Maharaj

      by Bill Lindley on Facebook

      Bury the Flowers, Burn the Flowers

      (For Kabir)

      by Robert Kirbo © Sept 2009

      Bury the flowers, burn the flowers, do you not see I am gone?

      What you believe was me was never me, no more than the earth or sea

      I was the ocean and the fish, the forest and the fawn

      I was never the person you thought I was, of worldly things

      Nor was I just a dreamer to ignore or cast aspersions by the score

      I said to love, and always love, to love what love brings

      You walked my streets but not my path, wore my robe but not my crown

      You whispered my words, in the dark but never in a daylit park

      And now you wonder how my words remain when my body is down

      It's simple really, and perhaps a greater mystery

      The spirit moves in each of us, the breath of God inspires us

      And yet we think we earn our laurels from our own history

      Bury the flowers, burn the flowers, that was never the meter of mine

      Speak the 99 names of God, whisper Kabir and know

      That I never was, but never left, and am forever thine.

      (The title is actually what Kabir told his followers when they asked what his
      wishes were for them to do upon his death. This really moved me...it was so
      pure! ~Bob Kirbo)