Wednesday, July 19

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2000
      CHRISTIANA: Judi, thanks to the generosity of your many
      friends here, I have funds ready for you and possibly
      Merianne to fly to see your mom whenever you need to do so.
      Please send me your address and I'll mail out a check.

      JUDI: Thank you everyone. God is indeed gracious! I thank
      you from the bottom of my heart. And I know my mother does
      too. Very beautiful, beautiful beyond words. Thank you,
      Love, Judi

      CHRISTIANA: For anyone who may have lost the link to
      contribute, it's:

      Hi Greg,

      My heart is with you in the death of your father. How odd
      and apt to know that it was about the time of the salsa
      dancing. I still remember the rapt, concentrated, but free
      look on your face as you drummed to the music. There was
      something wild and free in the air that night, what with
      the rain and the bullfrogs and all. My father died in 1994
      also after a long illness. I have felt very close to him
      since then, closer than when he was alive. He has appeared
      in several highly-real dreams in which there was a great
      deal of love expressed.

      Since his death my mother has flowered. Six months after he
      died she got herself a Mac and taught herself how to do
      email. She also started writing poetry. So you never know.

      Thanks for your kind words. The salsa evening was magic -
      remember earlier how it started to rain when Indra started
      whirling? (I'm trying to push this name for oh).

      With my father, we actually had a kind and loving moment
      when I last saw him. And no emotional submerged stuff or
      baggage on either side. Actually, he was not totally lucid
      -- he was mumbling a few words about a cute nurse he'd seen
      earlier that day....

      Nice to hear of your mom's flowering. My grandmother had
      the same experience after my grandfather died. She went on
      a world tour with her daughter/my aunt. That's right, you
      never know!

      Hello all dears:

      old bones' impression of gathering:

      and i ain't fakin' it! - that's for sure.

      i am still speechless.....

      every dern word wiped right out....

      what a wonder!!

      still at Glo's...heading to PA tomorrow...tank and pockets
      and heart
      full....gracias precious ones...

      as i read each post now, the face arises and the words are
      sweeter...richer...i bet you know what i mean.

      love to all,
      gratitude burstin'
      Indra? couldn't think of more beautiful jewels to reflect!
      Greg very dear...and there would start the litany...
      Gratiture' Adore' allofe' youe'

      "our song" words someone asked for:

      Like the morning sun,
      that has risen over the horizon,
      the Dawn of Divine Awareness
      has risen in my heart.

      And it will never set.

      These last days I've been immersed in witnessing and
      experiencing the struggles and challenges of facing the
      human condition.

      I watched my sister in law's heart crack open as she began
      to share for the first time ever from an 'open space', and
      was rather shocked to see how many ways the 'world' began
      to rush in and tell her NO......tell her she was wrong
      someway to feel what she felt and to say what was on her
      mind. I watched the world bombard her from every
      angle....demanding she put her mask back on....and go on as
      if she hadn't a care or a need in the world.

      I listened to her share about her feelings of guilt and
      fear ....about stepping away from her Catholic Church

      and I shared her tears of joy when she sat quietly for the
      first time ever to commune with God...without an

      During this time I was also reading Osho's book, "Glimpses
      of a Golden Childhood'.....reading how Osho was never ever
      said 'No' to as a child, never once forced to wear a mask
      ....never once restricted in his thoughts, feelings and

      Two lives could not be more different.....two vastly
      different childhoods.

      My sister in law cried at one point, "I haven't a clue who
      I am beyond what what is expected of me", and I know that
      hers is a crisis of the soul shared by many. I remember
      saying those very words myself in my therapist's office.
      And what a shock it is to hear yourself say so. It's as if
      my life began anew the day I first uttered those
      words.....as I suspect it has for her as well.

      Despite society's attempts, despite the demands of the
      family, one can't ever put the Genie back into the
      bottle....not completely.

      A seed has taken root.....a ray of light has entered the

      I'm back home now again....a much quieter and emptier home
      than the one I left. How easy it would be to instantly fill
      this quiet space....to make it busy and noisy and demanding

      May the surface heart remain empty so the deeper heart can
      be heard.

      I'm not sure why people dread and fear and avoid sorrow.
      Those moments are some of the most truly ALIVE moments I
      have known....moments that exhaust the self so completely
      that Love is easily and naturally touched afterwards.

      It 's very much like doing one of Osho's active
      meditations. It's cleansing, and readies one for those
      moments of silence and stillness which always follow.

      I wonder what exactly G meant when he said 'paying for ones

      Is payment ever enough? Seems likely that when one starts
      this 'payment plan' the interest compounds so quickly, one
      never ever can get 'paid in full'. When our parents die,
      for example, the 'paper' probably just gets assigned to
      someone else? (I don't know, Marcia. I'm just guessing

      It seems to me another way is to simply give everything
      away.... declare a kind of personal bankruptcy....and then
      start again with a 'clean slate'.

      But that's so immoral, isn't it? Such a 'stigma' attached
      to those who fail to execute their responsibilities.

      Osho had a vision of a new Man.....a vision of child
      rearing that would be similar to his own experience.....one
      in which children 'owed' their parents and society nothing
      [my characterization, not his]. In Osho's vision, there
      would be no 'paying for one's arising'. Sounds a bit like
      Eden, doesn't it?

      Could you imagine never telling your children 'No'....never
      saying 'You can't do this', 'That's too dangerous', 'it's
      not good for you', 'Don't say that!', or 'what would the
      neighbors say?'

      Could you imagine allowing children to say whatever was on
      their mind to a visiting priest.....calling a spade a spade

      .....allowing a child to take any kind of physical risks
      (with only a 'body guard' to be there to 'save his butt'
      after making that choice)?

      It reminds me of what Malidoma Patrice Some describes of
      life in an African Dagaro village. Initiation into manhood
      was a life threatening risk. Some boys never survived the
      initiation. Some died or went crazy.

      Can you imagine our society ALLOWING children to take such
      risks? And yet the aboriginal communities, including our
      native American ones, insist that the lack of such
      initiations in the 'modern' world is what makes us a
      culture of 'adult children'.

      We initiate our youth thru trauma, yes.....but it's not the
      same as being initiated, in consciousness, by one who has
      been Initiated him/herself. Instead, 'children' initiate
      children into gangs, sororities, even country clubs and
      churches- all only imitating or substituting for Initiated

      In a way this kind of opens up a new/old subject and that
      is; rites of initiation. And where are the teachers? There
      is much debate about the value of teachers but I wonder if
      there are any left. The public schools seem to me to be
      really bad. I remember reading Summerfield and thinking
      that was what a real education would be like. My kids do
      well in school but there is so much emphasis on the grade
      and performance. They and the schools seem to have lost
      sight of what a real education would be. And I am only
      asking questions. I don't have the answers.

      It seems to me that as far as paying for one's arising,
      Gurdjieff talked about caring for one's parents. He would
      admonish people to take their parents into their homes and
      care for them until their death. It would seem to me that
      affording one's parents the most comfortable death and not
      to be alone at that time and to die with respect would
      adequately pay the debt for one's birth.

      Philosophy, mythology, cosmology - not much difference,
      really. The Christ story has a certain and great beauty. (
      insert joke here) But god doesn't have a penis - or a
      vagina. ;-)

      Your very conciousness is same conciousness that was in
      Jesus and Buddha and Mohammed - and everybody else past,
      present and future and on this planet and on every other
      planet and in this dimension and every other dimension.

      So, enjoy 'your' story, but dwell in the truth of the Self.

      Peace - Everlasting Joy - Michael

      We are the Nonduality Generation.