#4141 - Saturday, January 22, 2011

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4141, Saturday, January 22, 2011

      Only those who are able to see their own face without a mirror will be able to see their true nature. What kind of seeing is this? To see without the mirror is to see not with eyes seeing objects but as THAT which sees. It is the in-seeing or insight by Consciousness itself in which there is no one who is seeing.

      I am blind and do not see the things of this world;
      but when the Light comes from above, it enlightens my Heart,
      and I can see, for the Eye of my Heart sees everything.
      The Heart is a sanctuary of the Center in which there is a little space
      wherein the Great Spirit dwells, and this is the Eye.
      This is the Eye of Wakentaka by which he sees all things,
      and through which we see Him.

      - Black Elk, posted to DailyDharma

      How can you face light without
      Being blinded?
      How can one arrest the secret
      Of secrets
      Without being dumbfounded
      And perplexed?
      How can one undergo
      Transformation
      Without being
      SHATTERED?

      - Bastami, posted to DailyDharma

      Once you know your mind and its miraculous powers, and remove what poisoned it- the idea of a separate and isolated person - you just leave it alone to do its work among things for which it is well suited. To keep the mind in its own place and on its own work is the liberation of the mind.

      - Nisardadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels

      It's a Paradox.

      The word "enlightenment" points to who you are. Who you are is not a state that can be gained or lost. It is not a spiritual experience.

      All states and experiences come and go. Who you are is the permanence existing right now, regardless of states and experiences.

      In one sense, the enlightened life is one of total insecurity; you live and act from the Unknown. We're used to acting from the distorted sense of security that our mind provides, but Freedom doesn't operate that way.

      It's a paradox. Precisely because you don't know, and you know you don't know, the door is wide open to know in each moment. That's when you know - in each moment. By resting in not knowing, knowing becomes available.

      - Adyashanti, posted to The_Now2

      A Lover Without a Tear

      One who does not have the Beloved
      is like a person without a head.
      One who flees the cage of love
      is like a bird without wings.

      What news could one have of the world
      That the Keeper of Secrets does not have?

      One who is pierced by the arrows of this glance
      is like a warrior without a shield.

      One who cannot look within himself
      is like a man without valor.
      One who can't open the door of his own heart
      is like a lover without a tear.

      He has placed a door
      In the middle of this path.
      Only He who has placed it
      can open it.

      They say, "Wake up, the dawn has come!"
      But in our sky who sleeps?
      Who gets up at dawn?
      Our sky
      is without a sunrise
      and without a sunset.

      You've only been here a few days
      and you've become so friendly with life.
      I can't even talk about death anymore.

      You're on the journey home
      And your donkey has fallen asleep
      in the middle of the road!

      - Rumi, Ghazal 721, version by Jonathan Star, from Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved, posted to Sunlight