#4126 - Thursday, January 6, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011

      #4126 - Thursday, January 6, 2011 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
      _unknown

      If some Power has turned you into a seeker,
      don't you think it is the responsibility of that
      Power to take you where you are supposed
      to be taken?

                               - Ramesh S. Balsekar
      posted to Along The Way

      Trying to fit a person into a single belief system is like trying to fit the ocean
      into a wine glass. What we are is simply too vast to be contained by a belief or
      an idea. A statement, an idea, or a belief stated by another person is like one
      snapshot in an infinite album, or a single pixel of light interwoven through a
      sizeless whole.
      _Christine Wushke

      posted to Facebook

      Grace is always present.
      You imagine it as something high in the sky,
      far away, something that has to descend.
      It is really inside you, in your heart . . .
      When the mind rests in its source, grace rushes forth,
      sprouting as from a spring within you.

      _Ramana Maharshi

      posted by Joy Anna to Facebook

      "There is no reaching the Self. If the Self were to be reached, it would mean that
      the Self is not here and now and that it is yet to be obtained. What is got afresh
      will also be lost."

      _Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi

      posted by Preston Heller to Facebook

      "Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to Dharma
      see no Dharma in everyday actions.
      They have not yet discovered that
      there are no everyday actions outside of Dharma."
      _Dogen

      ~  ~  ~

      Well versed in the Buddha way,
      I go the non-Way
      Without abandoning my
      Ordinary person's affairs.
      The conditioned and
      ...Name-and-form,
      All are flowers in the sky.
      Nameless and formless,
      I leave birth-and-death.
       _Layman P'ang (740-808)

      posted by Mazie Lane to Facebook

      Meet Each Moment

      What if the nirvana experienced by the Buddha in Bodhgaya turns out to be
      something considerably less magnificent than that of later mythic tradition, yet
      at the same time, by virtue of its being actually attainable by ordinary folk,
      something of unparalleled value? The Buddha spoke of learning how to be deeply
      happy right here and now, no matter what circumstances we are facing. Even the
      existential challenges of our own impending illness, aging, and death can be
      encompassed with the wisdom to acknowledge that all things change, to accept
      that there is no essence underlying it all, and nevertheless to be able to meet
      each moment without clinging to anything in the world.

      _Andrew Olendzki, "A Modest Awakening"

      My Polar Star

      I have made You the polar star of my
      existence; never again can I lose my way in the
      voyage of life.

      Wherever I go, You are always there to
      shower your benefience all around me. Your face
      is ever present before my mind's eyes.

      If I lose sight of You even for a moment, I
      almost lose my mind.

      Whenever my heart is about to go astray, just
      a glance of You makes it feel ashamed of itself.

      If the day is done

      If the day is done,
      if birds sing no more,
      if the wind has flagged tired,
      then draw the veil of darkness thick upon me,
      even as thou hast wrapt the earth with the coverlet of sleep
      and tenderly closed the petals of the drooping lotus at dusk.

      _Tagore

      posted by Alan Larus

      http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/My_polar_star.html